DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Best quality for Youtube (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/146507-best-quality-youtube.html)

Matthew Amirkhani March 24th, 2009 12:38 PM

Best quality for Youtube

Hi All,

Will someone please tell me as how can I achieve the best quality output for youtube and web base?

Thanks
Matthew

Dror Levi March 24th, 2009 12:50 PM

For SDV or HDV?

Mike Kujbida March 24th, 2009 01:19 PM

Check out the Best Render for Youtube HD in Vegas thread for some ideas.
Douglas Spotted Eagle mentions a tutorial on the VASST site that should help too.

Giroud Francois March 24th, 2009 04:13 PM

you need to follow several basic rules.

1) resize your video to final width and height.

Youtube and other are displaying video almost always the same, so there is no need to provide a big sized video. It will be resized anyway, with no control over that step, since it takes place in their server. And the upload process will go faster and you will get more bytes to give to quality versus size. Make an uncompressed export of your movie and resize with virtualdub (on PC) for example.

2) Apply de-noising filter. Noise could not be visible while still present. De-noising video allows to get better compression.

3) Submit/upload file encoded with the closest codec that is in use on the website. Each codec has it own tricks to reduce the bandwith, but when they add, the final result could be very bad. Try to find which codec they use and encode with the same, this will allow to see where problems can occur.

4) Apply filter for contrast and details. Most high compression codec tends to reduce contrast and add fuzziness.

Giroud Francois March 24th, 2009 04:15 PM

How to Make YouTube Videos Look Great

Marcus Martell March 24th, 2009 06:00 PM

What about Vimeo?
thz

Joe Busch March 25th, 2009 12:15 PM

I actually recommend 1280 x 720 @ 5mb~ now adays... in any basic codec/format.

Both Youtube and Vimeo will resize to their idea of "HD" which is the best quality you're going to get out of them.

Then once it's uploaded, Youtube and Vimeo both render out 2 sizes of video, one standard/low quality, the other being the high quality at a decent bitrate. People simply click the HD button to see it.

And Vimeo will allow registered users to download the original file you uploaded off the site (Which is also cool).

So yea, I'd say stick with 720p @ 5mb/s bitrate for either one.

If you are using HD/HDV that is...

Mike Kujbida March 25th, 2009 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus Martell (Post 1032920)
What about Vimeo?

Exporting with Vegas for Vimeo HD

Robb Swiatek May 5th, 2009 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giroud Francois (Post 1032852)

Now that is a great link! Thanks!