DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Orlando Area Vegas Users (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/22500-orlando-area-vegas-users.html)

Edward Troxel March 6th, 2004 10:00 PM

Orlando Area Vegas Users

If you're in the Orlando area, would you send me an e-mail?

editdv AT jetdv [DOT] com

Randy Stewart March 7th, 2004 06:52 PM

Hey Ed,
Hope you got some e-mail. I'm from Orlando but don't live there anymore. My family does however so if you need some connectivity, I might be able to help.
Aloha,
Randy

Edward Troxel March 7th, 2004 09:16 PM

Randy, could you try again? I haven't seen anything yet.

Jeff Donald March 7th, 2004 09:22 PM

Edward, you might try contacting Joe Carney. He was instrumental in helping to start a Vegas users group a year or two ago. I don't know if they got it off the ground, but he may have some contacts there still.

Edward Troxel March 7th, 2004 09:27 PM

Thanks. I'll do that.

Randy Stewart March 8th, 2004 01:41 AM

Edward,
I've sent an e-mail to my brother who works in the computer industry in Orlando. Should hear back by tomorrow.
Randy

Graham Bernard March 8th, 2004 01:49 AM

Heathrow - Orlando

I live in London UK. Would love to attend an Orlando Vegas Users Group... Edward, could you see your way into paying for my air ticket?

Grazie

Tor Salomonsen March 8th, 2004 06:40 AM

Is Orlando in the air?

Imran Zaidi March 8th, 2004 08:58 AM

I'm in Orlando and use Vegas. Sent you an email...

Mark Richman March 8th, 2004 10:00 AM

Just moved from Orlando

Edward, I am in Sarasota now but travel to Orlando often. Filming a wedding there this weekend.

Sent you an email

Mark Richman

Joe Carney March 8th, 2004 05:06 PM

Edward, I was out of town over the weekend (down in Boca) and just read about this. There are several in the Palm Beach area who would probably come up to Orlando for a meeting. My son would be one of them I'm sure. He is also looking to hook up with other Vegas users.
He is currently editing his second wedding on a Toshiba Laptop using Vegas. He brings it with him to the client to get aprovall before final render (plus menus and other finishing things...). He is also trying to get an many people as he can convice to switch over.

I'm still stuck up here in Arlington for awhile but could fly down if there were enough people willing to show up. There are lots of great places to meet/discuss/eat in and around Orlando. I'll check some more this week.

Randy Stewart March 9th, 2004 12:09 AM

Edward,
My brother, Rod, in Orlando is checking his network for users also and will get back to me soon. Sounds like there's some interest out there.
Randy

Edward Troxel March 9th, 2004 08:08 AM

Just let me know. I'm compiling a list of all who have replied.

Randy Stewart March 10th, 2004 01:52 AM

Edward,
Sorry, no joy from my brother's network in Orlando.
Randy