DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   BR on DVD? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/235322-br-dvd.html)

Tom Roper May 18th, 2009 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Ravens (Post 1145011)
I've never been able to access the .iso file created by DVDA with any clone drive. However, today, I tried a copy of ISOBUSTER and it worked as you described. Having modified the files, I am now burning and will report progress.
EDIT: IT WORKED. So to summarize for a P1500:
1-create .iso with Vegas or DVDA
2-open .iso with ISOBUSTER, drag BDMV folder and CERTIFICATE folder out to a directory
3-go into BDMV folder and delete AUXDATA folder
4-Use AVCHD Patcher to patch "index.bdmv"
5-use XVI32 to change the bit in "index.bdmv" and "movieobject.bdmv"
6-copy the two files modified in "5" into BACKUP directory
7-Burn to a standard DVD with IMGBURN, UDF2.5 format

Very well done. The extra steps you performed, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 make your compilation compatible with literally millions more players including the PS3, Panasonic and Samsung players.

Ron Chau May 18th, 2009 09:53 PM

Tom, are my experiences unique ? What I made in Vegas and DVDA seem much quicker and easier than the steps you've listed. But I've only tested in my Samsung 1500 BR player.

I tried to list the steps I did as detailed as possible. They seem pretty straight forward to me and not that hard for someone to try out.

Tom Roper May 18th, 2009 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Chau (Post 1145154)
But I've only tested in my Samsung 1500 BR player.

You've spotted the problem!

Seriously, it won't play in a PS3 without AVCHD Patcher. And it won't play in a Panasonic BD35 without hex editing the index.bdmv and movieobj.bdmv files as Bill did. And it won't play in all the Samsungs either without deleting the AUXDATA folder.

It probably will play in some if not most of the Sony standalone Blu-ray players depending on firmware.

So it really just depends on how robust you want your playback compatibility with the larger population of players.

Go to the doom9 link posted previously to see what works with what players. Your experiences are not unique. Lots of people at first believe they have it, only to find limited playback compatibility.

There's no problem with your Vegas/DVDA workflows.

Edit:

It actually *will* play in a PS3 without the hacks, but as a data disk, forcing the user to navigate to the folder containing the stream like you were playing from a computer. The hacks allow the disk to autoplay when inserted into the PS3, just like any other Blu-ray disk and with menu functionality from DVDA.

Another advantage is that it can read and output true 24p, and output 1080/24p, whereas the PS3 wraps it inside 60i if interpreted as a data disk.

Bill Ravens May 19th, 2009 06:18 AM

Ron...

The reason I asked about the version of firmware you are using is that my P1500 used to play BD content DVD's created within Vegas when I first purchased it. With the release of firmware version 2.1, my P1500 quit playing these DVD's. ;o(

I contacted Samsung about the problem, and even sent my player in to them for repair. It was returned without any changes. Samsung disabled the ability of the P1500 to play BD content DVD's with the later firmware versions. This latest procedure now is a workaround to the crippled updates to firmware provided by samsung. If your player is playing all content without problems, DON'T upgrade the firmware.

Ron Chau May 19th, 2009 08:20 AM

That's pretty messed up Bill. An upgrade that makes something NOT work.

How did your test go ?

Bill Ravens May 19th, 2009 08:41 AM

see post #32 in this thread

Mike Kujbida May 19th, 2009 09:54 AM

Tech tip: Authoring and burning Blu-ray discs with Sony DVD Architect Pro 5 is a Sony article that may be of interest to some folks.

Peter Ferriero May 20th, 2009 01:59 AM

I also have a 5 minute video tried to burn a blu-ray project on to a standard dvd-r..it keeps skipping in my sony blu-ray player..bdps350..I will buy a couple of blu-ray dvds tomorrow to see how that works..I guess Im wondering if its just my architect/vegas set up..since switching to a new pc I have had nothing but problems with Vegas..though Vegas 9 seemed to fix a lot of the issues...

Tom Roper May 20th, 2009 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Ferriero (Post 1145744)
I also have a 5 minute video tried to burn a blu-ray project on to a standard dvd-r..it keeps skipping in my sony blu-ray player..bdps350..I will buy a couple of blu-ray dvds tomorrow to see how that works..I guess Im wondering if its just my architect/vegas set up..since switching to a new pc I have had nothing but problems with Vegas..though Vegas 9 seemed to fix a lot of the issues...

I have experience with this model. The BDPS350 will not accept high bitrates from a dvd-r. Use Vegas or DVDA 5.0 to convert to AVC h.264 at 18 mbps or less and you should be fine if you are using the proscribed workflow, (AVCHD Patcher).