DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Thank you!! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/239722-thank-you.html)

Bill Spearman July 25th, 2009 08:37 AM

Thank you!!

Just a note to everyone on this forum, thanks to your patience and education I am finally delivering my first finished product using Vegas on a commercial job. Needless to say I would never have gotten this done without your guidance. Thanks also to Chris and DVInfo for having such a quality forum where a novice (me) can find real help form quality people and trade gear (I bought some of the gear I needed for this job on this forum). I sincerely appreciate and thank you all.

Perrone Ford July 25th, 2009 09:11 AM

Can you post a sample and brag a bit? Congrats on the project...

Bill Spearman July 25th, 2009 02:04 PM

Althogh I am clearly not ready to be compared to the pro's on here, I am flattered and would welcome any critical suggestions. Would I do it here or in a different forum? I will be glad to do so if you can tell me how to do it.

Ian Stark July 25th, 2009 02:32 PM

Congratulations, Bill. Hope it's the first of many. Look forward to seeing a clip or two.

Ian . . .

Paul Cascio July 25th, 2009 04:52 PM

I've learned so much from this forum. Great bunch of unselfish people.

Jeff Harper July 25th, 2009 10:46 PM

Bill, if you can/want to post a clip on the web and give us a link.

Ian Stark July 26th, 2009 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Spearman (Post 1176585)
I will be glad to do so if you can tell me how to do it.

Just click on the 'manage attachments' button when you post a reply - you can then upload a file. I have had success with wmv files but there are several other types listed.

I would have thought that as this was a Vegas specific post you would be OK to post the file here, but otherwise you could post it in the Show Your Work board and give us a link in this thread.

Bill Spearman July 26th, 2009 03:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the guidance. The video is for a martial arts expert who will make these available for purchase by students of that martial art. The original is over 20 minutes with 10 different individual forms (items) shown, with links from 2 scene selection menus with buttons for each individual form so the students could select which form they wanted to review. I found that the DVDA lack of a "Top Menu" return was an issue, but was able to get them to return to one of the 2 scene selection menus, and think it will be acceptable. Not a lot of editing shown here, that is mostly in the compilation of the various forms. I welcome any comments and suggestions.

Jeff Harper July 26th, 2009 04:02 PM

Bill, thank you for reminding me of the glaring omission with DVDA, the return to the top menu.

I intend to look for an Adobe Encore tutorial and learn it. I will probably tackle that soon.

I'm with you, this is a great forum.

Ian Stark July 27th, 2009 01:54 AM

Hi Bill,

The snag with posting the veg is it doesn't contain any video, only the editing instructions. For others to be able to see anything you'd need to upload all the original media that's used in the project as well - probably not a good idea!

Also, there are lots of us who haven't made the move to v9 so we can't even open the veg in the first place!

How about rendering a small segment into wmv format?

Cheers,

Ian . . .