DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Apologies (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/31342-apologies.html)

Brian Mitchell Warshawsky September 28th, 2004 01:10 PM

Amazon Update

Here is the story from Amazon....

The site will not directly tell you this when you pull information on the book, but as I pre-ordered in May, they finally updated my "tracking Information" in response to my e-mail query.

Their e-mailed response was that the book is now on "back order" which may even indicate they actually filled some orders, just not mine.

The new estimated shipping date (without further assurance) is the end of October, with an anticipated delivery /received date of......November 2nd.

At any rate, editing of my full length feature project (preview coming soon) should be in full swing by the time V5 EW by DSE arrives.

At the recent Sony Showcase / VASST program in Chicago, I seem to recall Spot stating "give that man a cigar" in response to learning what I was doing without prior experience. Now if that cigar were to arrive along with the V5 editing workshop, that would really be something to light up about!

Brian

Aaron Koolen September 28th, 2004 02:54 PM

Can anyone tell me if the loops and additional media on the DVD are royalty free?

Aaron

Douglas Spotted Eagle September 28th, 2004 03:02 PM

Anything that doesn't have a bug on the video is usable. All loops are royalty free, backgrounds, photos, etc are nearly all royalty free. There are only some video files that may be used outside of the training world.

Aaron Koolen September 28th, 2004 04:09 PM

Thanks Douglas, sounds excellent!

Aaron

Brian Mitchell Warshawsky October 1st, 2004 10:03 PM

Amazon Comes Through!

This massive treatise is here and worth the wait.

Amazon also lists other resellers who have V5 EW in stock.

It looks like I will be up all night with this copy.

Brian

Douglas Spotted Eagle October 1st, 2004 10:45 PM

You got yours from Amazon and got it? We're still waiting for ours. We did get our Walmart order though.Maybe Amazon will hit tomorrow.
Hope you like it.

Barry Schmetter October 4th, 2004 09:55 AM

I preordered my copy from amazon in May and the preorder seemed stalled, so I emailed them last week. The responded on Friday that the book was backordered with no information on availability, but they were upgrading my shipping and I could expect to receive it on Oct 6th. Huh? Anyway, they sent me a tracking number and it's due to arrive tomorrow.

Brian Mitchell Warshawsky October 4th, 2004 10:41 AM

Barry,

Your situation mirrors mine. Amazon may subscribe to the "squeeky wheel gets the grease" approach to allocating a limited number of items.

Unless its just a case of coincidence.

If only Spot could convince Amazon that he knows the author, his copy would arrive soon.

Brian

Douglas Spotted Eagle October 4th, 2004 10:24 PM

Our Amazon copy arrived on Saturday, so we were happy to know that it's shipping from their warehouse.
I hope you all love the book and find it worth the wait.

Reid Bailey October 22nd, 2004 10:52 AM

Just made my first read through.

Great, Great stuff! Worth every last penny! There is a ton of info and the writing doesn't get too techy or pedantic.

Great job Spot!

I have picked up on just a couple of formatting errors/typos, should these be relayed to you or should I just keep my pie hole shut because how many books have I written :-)

Douglas Spotted Eagle October 22nd, 2004 11:02 AM

Reid, you're welcome to email the typos but we weren't the ones to proof this book. Was proofed by a company hired by CMP. And the book is already printed....so it's not likely to change.

I HAVE compiled a list of the errors I've found, and will post them to the errata site next week. Still have 2 chapters to vet.
Originally, I wasn't scheduled to do the entire VASST-Vegas tour we did, but circumstances left me no choice. As a result, we allowed the publisher to hire an outside proofing person who is a Vegas user.
Bad move on my part. I probably should have left the VASST tour and proofed the book. :-|

Michael Best October 22nd, 2004 11:32 AM

So it's Amazon that has them? I canceled my Walmart order.

Brian Mitchell Warshawsky October 22nd, 2004 05:50 PM

Michael Best wrote:
>>>>> So it's Amazon that has them? I canceled my Walmart order. >>>

At this time this book is everywhere.

Amazon proper has it as do independent retailers who chose to sell from within Amazon.

Your local bookstore may even have it.

Brian

Aaron Koolen October 22nd, 2004 07:17 PM

Yeah mine has shipped and is on it's way from Amazon - along with season 5 of Stargate SG1 ;)

I wonder if it's a CMP thing with the spelling mistakes? The 3 CMP books I have, John Jackman's lighting book, and Jay Rose's audio ones have quite a few mistakes in them.

It's a shame cause you buy a pro book and expect the spelling to be right and words not to be doubled up "the the" or left out. No slant on the authors (Unless they did the proofing ;) ), the proofers should pick these things up. Nevertheless the books I have are very excellent so it's only a minor thing!

Aaron

Yi Fong Yu October 26th, 2004 10:17 AM

i've always wondered... is this douglas spotted eagle the same as the musician?

anyway regarding the book, where should i buy it to optimally benefit DSG? i typically shop@amazon for books. does the DVD automatically come with the book? what's the diff between DSG's Vegas5 book and instant Vegas5?