DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Anyone share V5 "effects packages"? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/34401-anyone-share-v5-effects-packages.html)

Graham Bernard November 4th, 2004 11:36 AM

"Either of you care to fill me in?" . . Ah Glen . . it's too late for me . . Edward might oblige with the filling-in . . HAHAH LOL ! As I said Preset Manager for me works with Audio . .I've yet to be able to Transport my Video FXs . .yeah?

G

Edward Troxel November 4th, 2004 11:37 AM

<<<-- Originally posted by Graham Bernard : Hah ! Beat yah Edward! -->>>

Must have finished a few seconds before me :-)

Glen, you'll just need to install it and test it out.

Brian Mitchell Warshawsky November 7th, 2004 01:30 AM

I found the Preset Mgr works like a charm.

Glen,

Have you found a site to upload your pre-sets for sharing?

Brian

Graham Bernard November 7th, 2004 01:55 AM

Brian, isn't this ONLY for Audio? Is it for Video too? I can get the Audio Presets appearing but not the Video?

Grazie

Brian Mitchell Warshawsky November 7th, 2004 08:10 PM

Grazie,

I just downloaded the PM after learning of it in this thread, but the first thing which popped up on mine, were Filmy's presets from Edward's 24fps script, so it looks like it should work for any pre-sets.

Brian

Graham Bernard November 8th, 2004 01:17 AM

Thanks Brian . . I really don't understand now . .

G

Graham Bernard November 8th, 2004 01:19 AM

Where are you seeing them? Can you see the NEW ones that you've created too? - G

Edward Troxel November 8th, 2004 08:46 AM

Grazie, I just installed it here on a test machine. I only saw some audio entries. I then added a preset to the text generated media. That did NOT show up. I then added three effects and saved them as an effects "Chain". That effects chain DID show up.

Graham Bernard November 8th, 2004 09:27 AM

Ah HAH ! We seem to be getting somewhere. An effects chain WILL show in Video . . and not a single Video FX . . . BUT a SINGLE EFFECT in AUDIO will show, I don't have to make a "chain" . . . Have we got an invertebrate here Edward? . . If this is the case I can't understand why this hasn't been picked up before. As you know, Edward, I tend to follow the LAST order . .

Are we getting somewhere?

Grazie

Edward Troxel November 8th, 2004 10:27 AM

Open up the effect. Click to add a NEW effect. In the box that opens, click on Save As and give it a name for the chain.

Graham Bernard November 8th, 2004 11:16 AM

Thanks Edward - I guess you know I'm up to my neck in "stuff" . . I'm gonna catch this puppy, probably tomorrow now .. .

Thank you all so much ! - Grazie

Brian Mitchell Warshawsky November 9th, 2004 08:51 PM

Now if we can find a site to upload and share effects chains, we'll be all set :-)

Brian

Edward Troxel November 9th, 2004 09:44 PM

I'd offer to host but I'm not sure I could handle the bandwidth necessary.

Graham Bernard November 10th, 2004 04:44 PM

Okay - Thanks Edward and Brian and Glen, for making me pursue it. AND yes, I need to create a "Chain"; name it as a chain; THEN it will appear in Preset Manager ready to be "Copied" to my own PM file . .

Grazie

Brian Mitchell Warshawsky November 11th, 2004 12:31 PM

>>>>>>I'd offer to host but I'm not sure I could handle the bandwidth necessary.

There may be a simple alternative:

Most of the chains and settings within each effect may simply be described textually and freely shared for anyone to duplicate on their own.

For example, Zenote Glow 1/4 Tiffen plus 60% Sepia = [Generic Effect - Film Look], etc.

If members like Glen have favourite effects settings which allow Vegas to emulate famous "looks", maybe a single thread can be devoted to postings of the descriptive settings.

Rob Lohman previously posted similar discriptions for his Lady X settings, and a permanent thread devoted to this subject might be invaluable.

Brian