DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Dialogue Sound (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/34659-dialogue-sound.html)

Matt Woodson November 11th, 2004 01:40 PM

Yes, I've read that article.

Doesn't really tell me anything though.

Yi Fong Yu November 11th, 2004 03:04 PM

hi matt,

i don't think you ever mentioned what your project involved. is it a fictional piece? a documentary?

if it's a documentary there is little we should do except to adjust the levels/NR.

if it's a fiction piece then i highly recommend you ADR the entire production like a cartoon for the sake of good dialogue =). just a suggestion.

Matt Woodson November 11th, 2004 08:28 PM

its a fiction, short story.

I'm just a dumbass newbie.

Why don't I use the sound from the close ups.

Woodson --- shakes his head.

Any of you know any good links on how to use Sony's Sound Forge and the plugin Noise Reduction?

Thanks

Glenn Chan November 11th, 2004 08:35 PM

You could use the sound from the close ups for wide shots. If it's difficult to see the lips (which would be the case with a wide shot), then lip sync shouldn't be an issue.

Don Donatello November 12th, 2004 03:46 PM

to use SF with Vegas ..
right click on the audio ( the section you want to work on ) clip in the Vegas TL - choose open COPY in SF ...

select a section (loop it) that has only the noise you want to remove .. then in SF choose the NR FX ...

after NR opens click on PREVIEW ... bottom of NR click on NOISEPRINT set the auto capture time out at 0.25..then check the box capture noiseprint ... if the line goes staright across bottom hit - click reset ..

if noise is ?? complicated change the FIT to 1000-

once you get a noise print you'll hear the noise drop out .. now click on bottom tab GENERAL ..

now below the preview icon right click - choose "select all data" now whole clip will play back with NR applied

change the FFT to 4096 .. if you hear background sounding like water change the FFT to 8000 or 16000

now listen to the voice quality and background noise .. move the attack & release into 90's ..slide the overalp into 80+

reduce noise slider 10-20 area ... noise bias in area of -10 to +10 ...again listen to the VOICE quality ...

now try a different mode 1,2 3, .. you be the judge which you prefer ..sometimes hard to hear difference between 0 -1 , 1-2 , 2-3 but you will hear difference between 0-3 ...

if you want to hear what NR is removing check KEEP residue output ...

when you have it teh way you like click OK ...
then X out ( close SF ) it will ask if you want to SAVE - click YES

SF will close out and SAVE the data to the Vegas TL on top of the old audio ( as take 2) .. if you want to return to original audio - right click on the audio ( take 2) - TAKE - you'll see 2 audio names choose either ...

NOTE that it is better to use NR a little at a time VS alot ( = better to use the NR "reduce noise" slider at 17 twice vs use it at 35 one time ... which means after you open copy in SF and use at 17 then save etc - you then go to Vegas TL and right click on the take 2 audio - open copy in SF and apply 17 again etc= now when you look at TAKES in Vegas you\'ll see 3 audio clip names = you can use any of em at any time ...

Matt Woodson November 15th, 2004 03:30 AM

thank you thank you

I\'m currently playing with these.

But finally I\'m in the right process.

Greatly appriciated.