DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Your Invitation to Attend a Vegas User's Party (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/35656-your-invitation-attend-vegas-users-party.html)

Jay Mitchell November 29th, 2004 02:45 PM

Your Invitation to Attend a Vegas User's Party

SONY and the SCVUG are Hosting a Party for Sony Vegas User's. The Party will immediately follow the close of Wednesday - December 8th's Activities at DV Expo West in Downtown, Los Angeles.

Please come and join fellow Vegas Users in what is sure to be a great evening of fun. Here are the details.

When: Wednesday - December 8th, 2004
Where: The Biltmore Hotel - 506 S. Grand Ave., Downtown, L.A.
Time: 7:30 p.m. til they throw us out
Food: Hors d' oeuvres, Beer and Wine, Refreshments

Please rsvp, asap - at the SCVUG or email me privately at Newsshooter@hotmail.com

Jay Mitchell
SCVUG Host

Kevin Kwak November 29th, 2004 04:02 PM

Awesome. Planning to attend this event.

Jay Mitchell November 29th, 2004 08:09 PM

Great! The Vegas User's Party at NAB was alot of fun. And, this one will be too!

I hope to see alot of you guys, there.

--Jay Mitchell

Edward Troxel November 29th, 2004 10:00 PM

Certainly wish I could be there - alas it is not to be.

Jay Mitchell November 29th, 2004 10:48 PM

Edward,

I sure wish that you could be there, as well. With as much as you have contributed to the Vegas Community - You should be, Honored!

Best regards,

--Jay

Jay Mitchell December 1st, 2004 11:09 PM

Hey Everybody,

I forgot to tell you that the new HDV Z1U Camcorder will be at the Vegas User's Party.

There is also going to be plenty of free Food and Drinks! And, there is going to be alot of Valuable Raffle Items - Given away.

So, please try to come to the Party, even if you can't make it to the DV Expo on Wednesday.

If anyone needs Free Expo Passes - Let me know.

Jay Mitchell

Alex Kravets December 2nd, 2004 09:01 AM

How about making a party in New York? Anybody?

Glen Elliott December 2nd, 2004 11:01 AM

Nah- how about the City of Brotherly Love- much closer to me. NYC is a nightmare in terms of driving! UGH

But seriously I don't think the Southern CALIFORNIA Vegas Users Group is going head to the other end of the country any time soon. We have to set up our own on the east coast. Northern East coast to be exact....sorry all *ya'll* southerners.....Edward.

Edward Troxel December 2nd, 2004 11:06 AM

I'd vote for St. Louis or Nashville :-)

Glen Elliott December 2nd, 2004 11:12 AM

Problem is there's only like 3 Vegas users between those two cities combined. lol

Edward Troxel December 2nd, 2004 11:20 AM

Maybe "between" but there's LOTS of them in the Nashville area! and actually several in the St. Louis area!

Glen Elliott December 2nd, 2004 11:41 AM

Im just jesting Edward. It was a light-hearted stab at the south and how it's not as populated. Remember I live in the highest populated state- per capita-... NJ. Anytime anyone from the south is traveling in NJ they always comment on the SHEER number of cars on the road. It's gridlock around here- as far as the eye can see sometimes, and our roads are pretty flat.

Edward Troxel December 2nd, 2004 12:57 PM

I think the same thing HERE - can't imagine where all the cars come from. However, certainly not the gridlock I'm sure you get.

Jay Mitchell December 2nd, 2004 05:27 PM

Guys,

I am very apppreciative of these replies. And, I would like to tell you why. And, we can call it a DVI Exclusive!

Two years ago, Vegas was still part of Sonic Foundry and was being sold to SONY. There had been virtually no previous Vegas User's Group Support.

When SONY took over - I went on a Personal Campaign to help Sony understand the Value and Support of Establishing User's Groups and Holding Social Events - Like the one that is happening on December 8th.

The first Sony Vegas Social Event/Party happened at the 2004 NAB in Las Vegas. I worked very hard to make that event happen for all of the Vegas User's in attendence.

The Party was very Successful, and Sony, was very pleased. And, everyone had a great time. But, most importantly - it set the stage for allowing this next Vegas User's Party to occur. And, if this one is as successful as I know it will be - then it will become alot easier to get the next one to occur on the East Coast, and so on....

So, it is very important that you make it known that you too would like to take part in these events.

I can assure you that thru my voice - Sony is listening.

Best regards,

Your Ever Faithful and Unrecognized, Vegas Servant

Jay Mitchell

Brian Mitchell Warshawsky December 3rd, 2004 11:52 AM

Lets Compromise...

There is only one suitable place for everyone to meet...

A place central to all, with excellent transportation facilities...

Chicago! Where else?

Great pizza, too!

Brian