DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Vegas Video discussions from 2006 (Q3Q4) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/41400-vegas-video-discussions-2006-q3q4.html)

Douglas Spotted Eagle December 11th, 2006 08:18 AM

Vegas 7 update now available.

New functionality includes support for the progressive scan modes (24A and 30 modes on the V1U/V1J/V1N camcorders, and 25 mode on the V1E/V1P/V1C camcorders) on the Sony HVR-V1 series HDV camcorders, and a built-in import module for the HVR-DR60 Hard Disk Recording Unit. With the 7.0c update, Vegas will properly handle the V1 series progressive scan modes automatically, without manual intervention. Users can also manually remove pulldown from native or downconverted 24p DV files.

Additional enhancements include improved color accuracy for XDCAM HD export, improved monitoring for DV, SD XDCAM, and HDV formats over SDI; improved VST support; 24p, 25p, and 30p HDV project templates; 640 x 480 export support for the Apple(R) iPod(R); and stream-compliant HD MPEG-2 templates for the Sony Blu-print(TM) professional Blu-ray(TM) authoring system.

John Huling December 11th, 2006 08:25 AM

Spot
I have Vegas 7b build? I don't have in front of me. Is that a new (today) update for Vegas. And Hello.

John

Edward Troxel December 11th, 2006 09:23 AM

Yes, the new update is 7.0c build 169 - new as of 12/11/06.

Emre Safak December 11th, 2006 09:24 AM

Vegas 7.0c (What's new)

Peter Ferriero December 11th, 2006 12:34 PM

Can you point me to where I can get these?

Pete Peterson December 11th, 2006 01:00 PM

andrea mosaic looks like it might do the trick

thanks

William LiPera December 11th, 2006 01:39 PM

Motion Blur

Does After Effects motion blur work with Vegas?

William LiPera December 11th, 2006 01:45 PM

HD rendering and Panasonic AG HVX 200

After converting the HVX200 HD files with RayLight and inseting the clips on the timeline which HD codec is best for rendering that won't take up Gigs and Gigs of hard drive space. Thanks

Kevin Kimmell December 11th, 2006 04:01 PM

Am I able to trial Vegas 7 and Ultimate S?

I bought a hi-def Canon and am getting my ducks in a row to update to Sony 7 in the new year. I hear many of you talk about some of the VASST tools including the Ultimate S package.

Since timing is an issue on trial versions of software I'm wondering if it's possible to get a trial version of Ultimate S working in a trial version of Vegas 7. I don't want to install the Vegas trial before I know so that I will get the most time to fiddle with the Ultimate S interface before I need to make my purchasing decision.

Thanks,
Kevin

Matt Setnes December 11th, 2006 04:05 PM

Stutter

Anyone notice when using Vegas and hitting play while being zoomed(at any level) on the timeline...the video stutters when the time line in zoomed

Steven Bills December 11th, 2006 07:01 PM

Vegas Movie Studio+DVD Platinum Edition 7 vs Sony Vegas 7

Vegas Movie Studio+DVD Platinum Edition 7 vs Sony Vegas 7:

Which is better, and what are the differences between the two, if any? Thanks,

Steven

Edward Troxel December 11th, 2006 08:08 PM

Vegas Movie Studio+DVD Platinum Edition 7 is a "lite" version of Sony Vegas 7. If you can afford the big one (Sony Vegas 7), get the big one. The "lite" version (i.e. Movie Studio) is limited to 4 video tracks, 4 audio tracks, doesn't support scripting, and many other features found in the full version. There's a comparison chart on the Sony website.

Chris Barcellos December 11th, 2006 09:01 PM

...But, if you are looking at Vegas, but aren't sure if it is your type of style of editing, its a heck of a way to go--- it will even capture HDV, giving an inexpensive entry into that area.

Douglas Spotted Eagle December 11th, 2006 11:54 PM

Ultimate S trial works in the trial version of Vegas 7 without any issues of any kind.

Douglas Spotted Eagle December 11th, 2006 11:56 PM

The amount of stutter, or lack thereof, is determined by several factors, not the least of which are:
CPU speed
Vid card/bus
Shared resources
Anti-virus enabled
HDD throughput/swap files, etc

Zooming all the way out also causes more information to be buffered.
Double click the timeline bar at the bottom of the timeline to fit the entire project to the timeline area. If you're still seeing stutters, it's some aspect of your machine that isn't allocating resources correctly or at the proper priority.