DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   DVDA5 authored BD-R does not play on Sony (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/469926-dvda5-authored-bd-r-does-not-play-sony.html)

Perrone Ford December 26th, 2009 11:26 AM

LOL!

Those video gremlins get you when you're least ready for them. Little devils!

Randall Leong December 27th, 2009 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Roper (Post 1463963)
One or more text objects in 'Kamikazi Klones - Freedom is You' are outside the title safe area.
One or more menu links are off screen in 'Playlist: 13 - 20'.
The video 'Credits.mxf' on track 2 'Video' in 'Credits' will be compressed.
The video 'ModernDisappearingMan.mxf' on track 2 'Video' in 'ModernDisappearingMan' will be compressed.
The video 'Evergreen.mpg' on track 2 'Video' in 'Evergreen' will be recompressed.
The overall bit rate for ‘Evergreen’ is greater than 28 Mbps. The overall bit rate is too high for burning Blu-ray onto a DVD.
The overall bit rate for ‘Kamikazi Klones - Freedom is You’ is greater than 28 Mbps. The overall bit rate is too high for burning Blu-ray onto a DVD.
The video 'KlonesTest+SecretAgent2.mpg' on track 2 'Video' in 'KlonesTest+SecretAgent2' will be recompressed.
The overall bit rate for ‘Play All’ is greater than 28 Mbps. The overall bit rate is too high for burning Blu-ray onto a DVD.
The overall bit rate for ‘Playlist: 1 - 12’ is greater than 28 Mbps. The overall bit rate is too high for burning Blu-ray onto a DVD.
The overall bit rate for ‘Playlist: 13 - 20’ is greater than 28 Mbps. The overall bit rate is too high for burning Blu-ray onto a DVD.
The overall bit rate for ‘Credits’ is greater than 28 Mbps. The overall bit rate is too high for burning Blu-ray onto a DVD.
The overall bit rate for ‘Play 13 - 20’ is greater than 28 Mbps. The overall bit rate is too high for burning Blu-ray onto a DVD.

The error messages from the 'Prepare' menu are above. The text objects are only very slightly outside the safe area, and the menu link that's off the screen for Playlist 13-20 is meant to be hidden, it just makes a call to the credits. The other warnings for overall bit rate could be a factor since I'm obviously over 28 Mbps, but it says "for burning Blu-ray onto a DVD." I took that interpretation literally, I'm not burning to a DVD, I'm burning to Blu-ray media.

I didn't see a red error box unless you mean the one for the track, 'KlonesTest+Secr' which I've pictured below. It's only showing up as red box because it doesn't have to be recompressed even though I've elected for it to be.

Even though you have gotten the resulting BD-R to play back fine on the standalone Sony BDP-S360 after a reset to factory defaults, I still think that the overall (remember that "overall" means "average" when it comes to Vegas and DVDA) bitrate of 35 Mbps is too high for AVC encodes in DVDA, especially since the overall peak bitrate in some parts of the video will exceed the maximum total peak bitrate (including audio and miscellaneous items) of 54 Mbps that's supported by the official Blu-Ray spec. (IMHO, if the disc had to be mastered at 35 Mbps, I would have done this as CBR--but the AVC encoder in DVDA can only do VBR.) As a result, playback will likely stutter and/or skip on some less-forgiving Blu-Ray players. Lowering the overall bitrate to 25 Mbps will allow the total peak bitrate to remain within the official Blu-Ray spec. And with the disc mastered in AVC format, the image quality will likely be practically as good at 25 Mbps as it is at 35 Mbps--even on a very large TV screen.