DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Vegas experts please step in (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/470843-vegas-experts-please-step.html)

Bruce Phung January 11th, 2010 07:44 PM

Vegas experts please step in

hi all

I am playing with some texts and doing some Video FX. I don't know what had happened to the Lens Flare. I move the lens flare around but there is nothing showing lens flare. In the pass I had have use this feature. Any one know why and what cause the lens flare not function any more.

Perrone Ford January 11th, 2010 07:53 PM

Post a screen shot. Maybe we can help.

Bruce Phung January 11th, 2010 08:01 PM

I don;t know how to post picture on this forum. I am gonna send you a PM with my email maybe you can help me post the screen shot.

Bruce Phung January 11th, 2010 08:27 PM

I am not sure how to post image but I will try see it works

[img]http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/thumbcache/user-2356-pic-319.png[img]

ps. not working.

Jeff Harper January 11th, 2010 08:30 PM

Bruce, when you post a remark, after typing in your comments, scroll down to "manage attachments" and click...it's easy from there.

Jeff Harper January 11th, 2010 08:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here's a sample. If you're using windows 7 the snipping tool is excellent for this.

Bruce Phung January 11th, 2010 08:36 PM

Jeff,

I am confused, I scroll down and I don't see manage attachment any where on the bottom of this page. This forum is very different from other forums. I usually don't have trouble posting picture on the forum but this one is different.

PS. Jeff, can you please do a screen shot how you post attachment here.

Brian Luce January 11th, 2010 10:59 PM

Don't you have to have certain amount of posts before you can post screen shots? Bruce is a newcomer.

Perrone Ford January 11th, 2010 10:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the screenshot for Bruce:

Gerald Webb January 12th, 2010 03:16 AM

This is just a guess Bruce, but it gave me a moments frustration a while back so maybe this is your problem.
You say you are applying a lens flare to a text in Vegas, Yeah?
Would it be a text with an alpha background?
Would your text be white?
If you answer yes to either or both, the problem is that the lens flare fx only affects what is there. So if it is white text with an alpha background the flare is default white and it doesnt display on the alpha.
Apply the lens flare to the track below your text and track the text with keyframes to make it appear the flare is from the text.
This may not be your prob at all, in which case ive just wasted 90 sec of my life. :)

Mike Kujbida January 12th, 2010 03:48 AM

Gerald, IMO you haven't wasted 90 sec. of your life.
When I saw the screen shot that Perrone posted, I tried adding the lens flare FX to text and I could not get it to work for the reasons you posted.
Bruce needs to follow your suggestions if he wants this to work.

Gerald Webb January 12th, 2010 04:27 AM

thanks Mike, I guess it was worth a shot in the dark.
goodnight all.

Thomas Moore January 12th, 2010 05:52 AM

This might help....

YouTube - Sony vegas guide - Moving spotlight/lens flare

Bruce Phung January 12th, 2010 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerald Webb (Post 1471153)
This is just a guess Bruce, but it gave me a moments frustration a while back so maybe this is your problem.
You say you are applying a lens flare to a text in Vegas, Yeah?
Would it be a text with an alpha background?
Would your text be white?
If you answer yes to either or both, the problem is that the lens flare fx only affects what is there. So if it is white text with an alpha background the flare is default white and it doesnt display on the alpha.
Apply the lens flare to the track below your text and track the text with keyframes to make it appear the flare is from the text.
This may not be your prob at all, in which case ive just wasted 90 sec of my life. :)

Perrone, Thank you for posting the screen shot for me.

Gerald, Thank you for your help. YES it works the way you describe. And thanks to everyone who try to help.

Bruce Phung January 12th, 2010 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Luce (Post 1471082)
Don't you have to have certain amount of posts before you can post screen shots? Bruce is a newcomer.

Yup, I am a newcomer. The bottom of this page say, I am not allow to post image.
The question is how many certain amount of posts before I can post screen shots?