DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Vegas Video discussions from 2006 (Q1Q2) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/47511-vegas-video-discussions-2006-q1q2.html)

Edward Troxel February 16th, 2006 01:19 PM

Just right-click it, choose Channels, and then "Left Only". Then you can use the Pan envelope to pan from left to right as needed.

Sandy Thordarson February 16th, 2006 01:29 PM

I probably didn't explain to well. I already have audio on the left track. I would like to duplicate the left track to the right track creating stereo (kinda). I would then be able to add velocity envelopes to selected portions creating left to right stereo sound.

Emre Safak February 16th, 2006 01:45 PM

I think you did get the right answer. By selecting "Left Only", you inform Vegas that you actually have a mono track, which you can then pan as you please. Copying the left channel to the right won't make it any better; the stereo phase information does not exist.

Sandy Thordarson February 16th, 2006 02:09 PM

Ok Thanks for the info guys I'll give it a go and see what happens!
Sandy

Heath Vinyard February 16th, 2006 02:23 PM

DVD Export? Non Piracy related

I have a friend that shot and had a documentary editing and placed on a DVD. She wants to go back and re edit it and add some music, but only has the completed DVD. Is there anyway to accomplish this?

Thanks.

Douglas Spotted Eagle February 16th, 2006 02:30 PM

Use a tool to rip the DVD, drop the MPEGs into Womble, and add the music there. This will prevent you from having to re-compress the vid, and maintain your quality.

Emre Safak February 16th, 2006 02:33 PM

This is a question I am seeing asked increasingly often. DV Magazine had a feature on this last year: Deconstructing DVDs: Re-Editing Your DVDs.

Chris Barcellos February 16th, 2006 02:37 PM

Try this

On a PC, Get DVD Shrink from this site or other site. It should be free.

Use it to back up DVD to hard drive in full quality format.

Next, search for a .vob convertor program on internet. I haven't looked lately, but there used to be free ones. You may want to find one that con verts to .avi, since that is easier to edit in, than .mpeg

------------------------
oops, really don't need DVD shrink because there isn't any encryption.

Edward Troxel February 16th, 2006 03:13 PM

By choosing "Left Only", only the LEFT side will be played on both LEFT and RIGHT. Then you can use the Pan Envelope to pan between the left and right sides as desired. Give it a shot.

There is no "Velocity Envelope" for audio.

Sandy Thordarson February 16th, 2006 03:32 PM

Thanks Edward I got it! Just the way you said. I'm a rookie at this and your help is appreciated.

Scott Johnston February 17th, 2006 06:58 AM

How would I achieve the following

I was watching the following clip

http://s12.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3...F22JRXYSCW28G6

And I was wondering how I would go about achieveing the black and white silhouette flashing in the background effect, I can't really describe it, so if you watch the video you will understand what I am talking about

Thanks in advance
Scott

Edward Troxel February 17th, 2006 09:23 AM

It looks like they masked out that one person, zoomed in slightly on that the clip, changing it to black and white, lowered the opacity, positioned it so that it was offset the original person, and then made it "flash" (which could be done by lowering the opacity to nothing or by cutting out sections)

Creating the mask would be the most difficult step.

John Lorince February 17th, 2006 08:59 PM

I get an error every time I render to .Mov

Hey people!

Has anyone ever received an error when trying to render to .Mov I have version 6c. And I work with cineform codec to capture my HDV files from a JVC HD10u. I only have issues when I try to go to .MOV.

John

Peter Jefferson February 17th, 2006 10:58 PM

u have to have QT installed.. if u have QT pro 7. then your better oif for MOV delivery

as for web content, Vegas is probably the only system which has almost every format at your disposal..

Seth Bloombaum February 18th, 2006 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Lorince
...error when trying to render to .Mov I have version 6c...

Reinstall the (free) quicktime and do a custom install - make sure that you include the authoring components. mov should work fine for you after this.