DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Vegas 9c where is the HDV 1080 intermidiate Template (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/475671-vegas-9c-where-hdv-1080-intermidiate-template.html)

Matthew Amirkhani March 26th, 2010 07:06 PM

Vegas 9c where is the HDV 1080 intermidiate Template

Hi All,

I couldn't find the answer to my issue so I posted my question here.

I just purchased the Cineform Neo scene and installed it for my Vegas 9. Unlike my
Vegas 8c I couldn't find the HDV 1080-60i intermidiate in the Template.

What am I missing? I should mention that I do have Vegas 9c installed on my PC.

Thanks in advance.

Matthew

Steve Renouf March 27th, 2010 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew Amirkhani (Post 1505989)
Hi All,

I couldn't find the answer to my issue so I posted my question here.

I just purchased the Cineform Neo scene and installed it for my Vegas 9. Unlike my
Vegas 8c I couldn't find the HDV 1080-60i intermidiate in the Template.

What am I missing? I should mention that I do have Vegas 9c installed on my PC.

Thanks in advance.

Matthew

Hi Matthew, you have to select - Video for Windows (*.avi) as the file-type first, then you will find Cineform in the Template list, then you go to Custom to select the actual template you require.

Steve

Edit: You need the 64bit version of Neoscene for V9.0c if you're running 64bit Vegas

Matthew Amirkhani March 27th, 2010 05:16 AM

Hi Steve

When I want to render out the footage under save as file, I select Video Windows "avi"

but under the Template dropdown I should see the HDV 1080-60i to select which I don't see.

I don't have this problem with Vegas 8.

HEEEEELLLPPPP!!!

Thanks
Matthew

Seth Bloombaum March 27th, 2010 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew Amirkhani (Post 1506136)
I select Video Windows "avi"

but under the Template dropdown I should see the HDV 1080-60i to select which I don't see.

I don't have this problem with Vegas 8.

This is a major change vegas 8 to vegas 9 - the cineform DI no longer included by sony (in favor of mxf?).

Although you've purchased Neo, your method of accessing the codec changes. Once you've selected avi you *must* go into the custom render settings and select cineform as the codec, and, select the pixel dimensions & so on that you want. Don't forget to check out the controls "configure" button gives you.

Once you've done this, you can enter a new name and save it as a template, which will be visible from the render-as dialog.

If you don't see cineform among the codecs, you might have to reinstall neo... which might best be preceded by an uninstall - best to do this during the day during the week when you can get cineform support. Their authorization scheme is a little, um, arcane sometimes.

Matthew Amirkhani March 27th, 2010 10:33 AM

Hi Seth,

Thanks for your help. I tried it and did work just fine for me.

Thanks alot.

Matthew