DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   According to License: How many computers can I install/run Vegas Pro 9 on? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/476468-according-license-how-many-computers-can-i-install-run-vegas-pro-9-a.html)

Adi Head April 8th, 2010 01:55 PM

According to License: How many computers can I install/run Vegas Pro 9 on?

Hey, does anyone know how many computers can I legally install Vegas Pro 9 on?

and if more than one - can they be run simultaneously?

Googling the subject I ran into some posts by people mentioning that the license of Vegas 8 allowed installing 2 (some mentioned 3) computers with the same copy.

If anyone has more specific information and regarding specifically Vegas 9, I'd really like to know.

Thanks! :)

Zulqar Cheema April 8th, 2010 02:29 PM

I believe it's three, but you can only run one at a time.

Adi Head April 8th, 2010 02:57 PM

Thanks Zulqar,
I've been getting the notion it's more or less how you say...

2-3 computers...

some say simultaneous use is okay.

som say not.

I've searched for Sony's official documentation on this, but can't find it.

I really need a definitive answer cuz the difference between one answer and the other can mean being legal, or not.

Mike Kujbida April 8th, 2010 03:23 PM

Here's the definitive answer.

Sony Knowledgebase Answer ID 4559

Installing or registering software on multiple computers

Question

What is the policy for installing and registering a Sony Creative Software program on multiple computers?

Answer

According the Sony Creative Software End User License Agreement, there is no restriction for installing or re-installing the software on multiple computers. Many users need to have the software installed on more than one computer (i.e., a home PC, a work PC, and a portable laptop) for the convenience of being able to work on projects at different locations. Our EULA allows for this type of use and only the purchase of a single license is required to do so.

If multiple, simultaneous use is needed, then according to the EULA purchase of multiple licenses will be required (i.e., a classroom or a business with multiple people using the same program at one time).

* Each time the software is installed, it may be installed using the installation disc or by downloading directly from our Updates page.
* Reinstalling requires that you enter the serial number provided with your ordered materials.
* There is no need to de-activate or de-authorize your software when you are installing on a new computer.
* The software should be registered using the same contact and user information each time it is registered.
* For information regarding purchasing an ACADEMIC multiple user site license, please contact one of our Academic Resellers.
* For information regarding purchasing a COMMERCIAL multiple user site license, please contact our Customer Service team.

Adi Head April 8th, 2010 04:04 PM

Perfect!
Thanks Mike.