DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Unable to Burn with DVD Architect 5b (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/481361-unable-burn-dvd-architect-5b.html)

David Jasany July 4th, 2010 08:54 AM

Unable to Burn with DVD Architect 5b

For the first time I'm trying to burn a DVD with DVD Architect 5b under Win 7 64-bit. The file is prepared, but the completion of the burn stops at 66%. The program keeps running, the disk is spinning, but no progress is made. The process won't cancel, and I have to force DVDA closed. The DVD disk is still spinning and I have to force the system off with the power button because Windows shutdown doesn't work.

My DVD burner is a Pioneer DRV-218L with current firmware. I've tried both a DVD-RW and DVD-R with the same results. I've burned DVDs with this system but never with DVD Architect.

Finally I used some shareware to create and burn the image file. Any ideas on what could be wrong with DVD Architect? I've read some other posts here and it seems like people were having problems with DVDA under XP 64-bit, but I'm running Win 7. I checked the release notes and it doesn't show Win 7 as a supported O/S but it does show Vista.

Thanks for your suggestions,
Dave

Bruce Phung July 4th, 2010 04:17 PM

Hi Dave.

While ago, I had this same exact problem as your described. It is not DVDA problem at all. I render out the video file to a external hard drive and import that video file into DVDA and it prepared and burned fine. I am on Window 7 64 bit here as well. For some what ever reasons DVDA stop burning in the middle of the process if you are using the internal hard drive to create DVD. Give that a try.

David Jasany July 5th, 2010 07:00 AM

Thanks Bruce. I render to an internal drive, but it's not the system drive. I've tried a number of things, but nothing has worked so far. Every time I try to burn with DVDA, I run the risk of destroying another DVD. I've been using DVD-RW disks for testing.

It seems very strange to me that a third party app can burn the image without a problem.

Bruce Phung July 5th, 2010 04:32 PM

Dave
Or you can try to prepare the video by DVDA and drag the TS folder onto Image burn to create DVD. Image burn is free. I now use DVDA to do the preperation and I finish it with image burn.

David Jasany July 5th, 2010 06:14 PM

Thanks Bruce. That's basically what I did to burn the disks. I also opened a support case with Sony so we'll see what they have to say.

From reading on other forums too, there are others who also have problems with burning with DVDA and have switched to ImgBurn. I've been burning with DVDA since version 1 and have never had disk burning issues until now with DVDA v5. The release notes for DVDA 5b do not show support for Win 7 so maybe Win 7 has something to do with the problem.

I'll probably stick with ImgBurn rather than putting much time into resolving the DVDA issue.

Bruce Phung July 5th, 2010 07:41 PM

Yup. I really like Imageburn Great program. I think you might be right about DVDA and Windows 7. Because I never had any burning problem with it on a Vista OS.

Jeff Harper July 9th, 2010 07:07 AM

That is too bad about this issue people are having with DVDA.

There are hundreds of people using DVDA with windows 7, 64 bit just fine. In my case, I've been using Windows 7 64 bit for almost two years, I started with the beta. The only time I've had issues was when a drive I had apparently needed to be reformatted. When I moved the source files to a different drive it was fine. It had worked with Nero, but not DVDA, go figure. Wait, I did have an issue another time...Nero has a feature that auto starts that plays hell with DVDA...disable all autostart features in configsys and see if that helps.

I hope you find your issue and report it back to us when resolved.

David Jasany July 9th, 2010 08:12 AM

I heard back from Sony but it was to ask me for all the details of my system. I don't have Nero, so that's not a possibility. When I insert a DVD, the only program that opens is AutoPlay giving me the choice of what program I want to use.

I don't have a problem using ImgBurn and I like the features it offers. However, I'm curious to learn what Sony suggests and I'll post their response.

Dave

David Jasany July 9th, 2010 06:31 PM

While browing around on the Sony support site I confirmed that DVD Architect Pro 5b does support Windows 7. I guess Sony needs to upgrade the release notes. Also, it shows Vegas Win 7 support beginning with 9.0c.