DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   cant get sound to appear on ave files from windows movie maker and cineform SD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/481675-cant-get-sound-appear-ave-files-windows-movie-maker-cineform-sd.html)

William Boehm July 10th, 2010 10:30 PM

cant get sound to appear on ave files from windows movie maker and cineform SD

i am not able to get Sony Vegas 9e to read the sound from captured avi files from sd footage in, nor sd footage captured in sd in movie maker. the entire video and sound track appears in virtual dub, but not vegas...what am i doing wrong? hd appears with video and audio for hdv and avchd captured in cineform neoscene 4..but something must be changed in my settings? bill

Edward Troxel July 11th, 2010 06:21 AM

What codec is used for your audio? How did you capture the clip? For DV-AVI, it should definitely pick up the sound.

William Boehm July 11th, 2010 08:56 AM

edward..thanks for responding..it is a dv-avi file which virtual dub grabs when i play it back. but bringing the file into vegas shows no audio whatsoever. i will play with the properties and view settings in vegas this morning. but i was just about to do my first real editing from old clips imported to the hard drive. editing is so touchy ..was goingt to work on all the hdv clips after the dv-avi clips..which run with no break about 45 minutes. why i dont know. thanks again in advance

William Boehm July 11th, 2010 10:57 AM

i checked the file type in gspot, and it is a type1 dv avi file...so its apparently not interweaved with video. how do i get vegas to read this then?

William Boehm July 12th, 2010 08:21 AM

i am still having trouble getting a good sound. i have dv avi files transferred from a canon xha1, but they were type 1 files. attempted to transfer to type 2 conversion with a Multimedia Software Developer: Ulead Download Center - DV Converter Free Download program, and about half of an hour long file has sound, the other half witha loud high peaked distortion.

i really need help in figuring this out...is there a recommended converter from type 1 to type 2 so that vegas 9 will recognize my files to begin editing. thanks. bill

Mike Kujbida July 12th, 2010 08:31 AM

...is there a recommended converter from type 1 to type 2...

Amongst it's many other features, DVdate (it's free) can do this type of conversion for you.

Edward Troxel July 12th, 2010 09:28 AM

HOW did you capture these? I capture with Vegas and Scenalyzer Live and have always simply captured as Type 2. What did you use to capture as Type 1?

William Boehm July 12th, 2010 09:42 AM

i captured using windows media in february..before i had sony vegas and cineform. so i am stuck with the type 1 dvavi, as the canon xha1 is sold, so no method to copy again to cineform or vegas. i need to do something...thanks all for your input. bill