DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Editing Hell!! Need Help! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/484186-editing-hell-need-help.html)

Harry Simpson September 2nd, 2010 07:54 AM

Editing Hell!! Need Help!

I've been having a time with what should be a simple render. Two Canon 5D mk2 files converted to AVI via Cineform and dropped on the project timeline.

THE PROBLEM: The first clip renders beautifully and then I fade out and fade in to the second clip and it starts to play and about 4 secs into that clip ithe video freezes for a second, runs another couple of second and then freezes again. the audio seems to be fine and plays with the video alright without messing up. Any ideas what's wrong. Why would the first clip play fine and the second clip have hickups.

I've got to deliver this to the client and can almost pass this off as intentional cause it is a part where the talent blinks at the camera, cept now she blinks and theres a second freeze frame and then it continues smoothly. But what's going on. I still have a little time to rerender before deadline this afternoon. Any ideas? (Using Sony Vegas Studio 10 HD)

Project has the following settings: 1920x1080 none(Progressive) 29.970(NTSC) 1.000 Square pixel
audio Stereo, 44,100 , 16, best

I added a couple of generated text controls and added a jpg image to the timeline too.

When I render I make sure the project properties exist as the render properties too and render to MainConcept AVC/AAC(*mp4) progressive.

When it renders I see the in the render box 1920x1080x32, 14.985p and the render makes two passes through the video to render.

Doug Marcum September 2nd, 2010 10:45 AM

Harry,
I am not sure what causes this, but I too have experienced the exact same thing. I usually work with the 64 bit version of Vegas. A couple times when this happened, I opened the project in 32 bit Vegas and the project rendered fine. I only encountered this problem while rendering or even previewing projects where the media and Vegas were on the same drive.

Recently, I moved my media files to a separate drive (D-Data drive) and have not experienced the problem.

Don't know what causes the problem or the solution, just thought I would share my experiences. The problem can be very frustrating.

Hope this helps,

Doug

Chris Barcellos September 2nd, 2010 11:21 AM

Try rendering out to a Cineform .avi file first. Do you get the same results ?

If not, you can use that as your master, open a new project, and render your mp4 from there.

If it does continue to the cineform render, could be a corrupted render of the Cineform file, have you played it outside of Vegas ?

Is your Cineform product updated ? How recently. I note that there have been reports of bugs in the very latest version, and stepping back a couple of version may help.

Harry Simpson September 2nd, 2010 12:23 PM

I ended up loading my ol' Sony Studio 9 which contained a custom template I developed for a less aggressive 1280x720 render. Followed it like a cookbook to develop the same custom template in Studio 10 and rendered the project out using that template. Everything rendered out great. It's not 1080 but the 720 ought to do the trick for this client anyhoo.

Thanks for chiming in and glad there was a happy outcome.......last night was hell! if you know what I mean.

Thanks
Harry

Chris Barcellos September 2nd, 2010 05:28 PM

You know what, I didn't catch the 1080 part. For some reason, rendering out from 1080 cineform to 1080 mp4 doesn't work well from me either. Its been that way for a long time, and I just ended up rendering to 720. Maybe we need to talk to Sony or Cineform people and find out what is up.

Harry Simpson September 2nd, 2010 08:06 PM

I can render 1080 out to BluRay no problem and it looks great. Yes I'm all over 720 for web play again.