DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Problem with sound when rendering for Blu Ray (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/484630-problem-sound-when-rendering-blu-ray.html)

Dan Lambert September 12th, 2010 12:04 PM

Problem with sound when rendering for Blu Ray

When I go to Tools->Burn Disk->Blu Ray it works perfect. I'm watching the Blu Ray disks with Power DVD. I don't have a stand alone player at home yet.

I have about 2hrs of wedding footage and I'd like to use DVD Architect to make two buttons one for the wedding and one for the reception.

Wile trying to figure out DVD Architect I used some older clips that I had rendered as .wav files. I added the files got everything to work with nice buttons and back ground and all that. DVD Architect rendered the files to something else (can't remember what but I don't think it was HD, just regular DVD) and at the same time burned a DVD disk. It worked perfect and I tried it in a home DVD player and it worked just fine.

So, I've got 2 big files in Vegas now one for the wedding and one for the reception. I figured it would be best to render them first to Blu Ray with Vegas using Files -> Render As -> Sony AVC. When I had both files rendered to Blu Ray I planed on adding them to DVD Architect the same way I did it it before.

However, when I rendered the wedding file to blue ray and tried to watch it (before adding it to Architect) with Power DVD there is no sound. I've tried it twice now and I just don't get any sound.

The specific template I'm rendering to is File Type: Sony AVC. Template: Blu-ray 1440 x 1080, 15Mbs video stream.

I thought maybe I could pull the Vegas working format (what ever it is) into Architect be it doesn't seem to recognize the files.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Peter Manojlovic September 12th, 2010 01:24 PM

That's funny.....

When i create a BluRay in Adobe Encore, i can get the audio, but video doesn't play.....
I believe it's an issue with PowerDVD...

Confirm this by going to the top tab, and clicking the "video" tab..Under there, should be file folder structures..
Look for Stream>and then you'll find all the .mt2s files....
Or simply browse you CD for those files..
Double click on any one of them to open up PowerDVD.

Play them back individually, and verify that your audio won't work...

Dan Lambert September 12th, 2010 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Manojlovic (Post 1568619)
That's funny.....

Look for Stream>and then you'll find all the .mt2s files....
Or simply browse you CD for those files..
Double click on any one of them to open up PowerDVD.

Play them back individually, and verify that your audio won't work...

I haven't burned the videos yet with Architect. Just trying to watch the .avc file with PowerDVD.

Peter Manojlovic September 12th, 2010 05:29 PM

Dan....

I'm assuming that you've created a final "Folder" or "ISO" file with your authouring software.
Almost all authouring softwares allow for building of folders that are used for viewing the final output...

Use this, and confirm the final product...

Randall Leong September 12th, 2010 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Lambert (Post 1568598)
When I go to Tools->Burn Disk->Blu Ray it works perfect. I'm watching the Blu Ray disks with Power DVD. I don't have a stand alone player at home yet.

I have about 2hrs of wedding footage and I'd like to use DVD Architect to make two buttons one for the wedding and one for the reception.

Wile trying to figure out DVD Architect I used some older clips that I had rendered as .wav files. I added the files got everything to work with nice buttons and back ground and all that. DVD Architect rendered the files to something else (can't remember what but I don't think it was HD, just regular DVD) and at the same time burned a DVD disk. It worked perfect and I tried it in a home DVD player and it worked just fine.

So, I've got 2 big files in Vegas now one for the wedding and one for the reception. I figured it would be best to render them first to Blu Ray with Vegas using Files -> Render As -> Sony AVC. When I had both files rendered to Blu Ray I planed on adding them to DVD Architect the same way I did it it before.

However, when I rendered the wedding file to blue ray and tried to watch it (before adding it to Architect) with Power DVD there is no sound. I've tried it twice now and I just don't get any sound.

The specific template I'm rendering to is File Type: Sony AVC. Template: Blu-ray 1440 x 1080, 15Mbs video stream.

I thought maybe I could pull the Vegas working format (what ever it is) into Architect be it doesn't seem to recognize the files.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Here is the problem:

DVD Architect requires separate audio and video files to be imported into the program. The Sony AVC Blu-ray preset encodes only the video, with no audio, by default. If you want Dolby Digital audio muxed in with the video in the same file, you will need to use the Sony AVC AVCHD preset.

Or, if you have already rendered out a Sony AVC Blu-ray file, you will need to render out a separate audio file from the same project (either WAV or W64 or AC3 would do). Make sure the file names of both the rendered video and the rendered audio match each other exactly (not counting the file extension).