DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Render to MPEG2 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/488894-render-mpeg2.html)

Dror Levi December 13th, 2010 07:49 PM

Render to MPEG2

Hope someone can help me here.
I am trying to render to MPEG 2 from AVI project.
The results are always the same when viewing the video on the computer, I always get few hiccups.
When I render the project to AVI then it is OK.
I even tried to convert the rendered AVI with Adobe Media Encoder and still get the same hiccups when viewing the video on the computer.
Any clue for what could make the hiccups?

Don Bloom December 13th, 2010 09:19 PM

How about describing the "hiccups"

If the AVI plays out fine then the hiccup is of course in the MPEG render so let's start there.
When you render what are the settings you're using such as, Top, Average and Bottom Bitrate? One or Two pass, what do you have the quality set to? Good/Best? Are you rendering the audio seperately to AC3 or PCM or are you rendering it with the MPEG? How long a project is it? 10 minutes, 2 hours or ?

Hiccups can be caused by lots of silly little things so let's start with the above info and see if we can get you thru it.

Dror Levi December 13th, 2010 09:27 PM

The hiccup is a mil second pause to the video and sound.
I am using constant bit rate of 7800 and include the audio to the render.
quality set to best.
The project is about 10 min

Sareesh Sudhakaran December 13th, 2010 09:48 PM

Your system might be slowing down playback. What resolution is it in?

Don Bloom December 14th, 2010 06:27 AM

OK we're getting there. Where does the "hiccup" show up on the DVD? Beginning, towards the middle, the end?

Look at the disc surface, is there a mark of anykind on it? Did you burn more than 1 disc and if so does the same thing happen at the exact same place in the project OR does it happen at another time or does it happen at all. Did you try to play the DVD in another player to insure that it is a problem within the burn process and not a bad DVD?

Let's get thru this first then we'll move on to the next thing if we need to.

Jeff Harper December 14th, 2010 07:59 AM

There is no need to use best setting for rendering, makes little to no difference in most projects unless you've got lots of photos, unless I"m mistaken.

More importantly, you should be rendering separate video and audio streams. This is a basic thing. Always render separately when doing mpeg for DVD.

Dror Levi December 14th, 2010 08:55 AM

The hiccup is not on the DVD. I did not got this point yet.
After rendering I naturally check for error on windows media player and that's where I see the hiccup.
I have tried good and best rendering and got to the same result.
I will try to render without audio and see if I get hiccup free.

Adam Stanislav December 14th, 2010 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dror Levi (Post 1598436)
After rendering I naturally check for error on windows media player and that's where I see the hiccup.

Do you get the hiccup if you use a different player on the PC (such as the VLC Media Player) or is it just WMP that has the problem with it?

Mike Kujbida December 14th, 2010 10:12 AM

Is the hiccup at the same places each time?
If yes, what kind of media is at those places?

Jeff Harper December 14th, 2010 11:42 AM

Bring your audio and video file into DVDA and preview it there first just to see what happens.

Graham Bernard December 15th, 2010 03:02 AM

Best way to check for errors?

1] Preview in DVDA, to confirm navigation, chapter and menuflow, through your project.

Then:-

2] Burn a rewritable DVD to confirm playability and quality in a standard setop box.

Only use 3rd party software players as a last resort. My experience of DVD software-based players is something less than stella anyway. So, use DVDA to preview and then burn to a DVD RW for quality and playability.

I've tried many combinations of DVD workflow and this is the one that gives me the easiest and less frustrating way of getting my output to DVD. Of course this is assuming you've selected a reasonable formating template? Have you?

Grazie

Graham Bernard December 15th, 2010 03:17 AM

How are you going to prepare your mpegs for DVD burning? Do you have SONY DVDA? Or are you going down another route?

Grazie