DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Magic Bullet Looks (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/489169-magic-bullet-looks.html)

Mike McKay December 20th, 2010 03:53 PM

Magic Bullet Looks

I got this for Vegas 10, installed 32bit version, everything works great, but I cannot complete any renders when MBL is applied. Can render fine as soon as I remove. I started googleing around and it seems this is a common problem.
Are there any work-arounds to get MBL to work with Vegas?

Mike McKay December 20th, 2010 04:17 PM

Should have searched first. Found some other threads on this....doesn't seem to be a solution thus far though!

James Binder December 30th, 2010 03:27 PM

What format are you rendering to?

I'm having the same problem on a new system and discovered if I render to sony AVC -- no go. If I render to Main Concept mp4 -- render will proceed -- MBL will not stop the render.

I'm rendering canon T2i footage -- native.

MBL seems to be a render killer. I don't understand how on a 6 core machine (mine), MBL brings vegas to its knees. Real time preview -- forget it.

Anybody else having similar problems -- or not?

Would love to hear from others on this. I love the program (MBL), but it must be the worst coded plugin out there!

James Binder December 30th, 2010 03:36 PM

BTW -- if you are running out of memory during render -- see this:

Sony Creative Software - Forums - Vegas Pro - Video Messages

For me however -- I'm not getting the "low memory" message. Rendering stops at the point where I have MBL inserted on a clip.

hummm...

Jeff Harper December 30th, 2010 04:22 PM

No help here, but, I LOVE Magic Bullet. Only used a couple of effects on a regular basis but I really relied on them. But I eventually gave it up...not worth the trouble. The company really doesn't seem to put much effort out for Vegas users.

I have switched over to New Blue effects. The looks aren't as subtle or sophisticated as MB, but no more hassles...renders SO nicely.

Bruce Phung December 30th, 2010 04:46 PM

MB render times is insanely long and only available in 32 bit. Newblue is much better choice for me.

Gerald Webb December 31st, 2010 06:25 AM

If using Looks, never render to a compressed format.
If you're in Lagarith, render to Lagarith.
If in Cineform, render to Cineform.
Whatever you're using as an intermediate, render to that first...... then to H264.
To apply Looks, AND, compress the living daylights out of your footage at the same time is to much to ask.

Happy New Year!

Tom Bostick December 31st, 2010 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerald Webb (Post 1603271)
If using Looks, never render to a compressed format.
If you're in Lagarith, render to Lagarith.
If in Cineform, render to Cineform.
Whatever you're using as an intermediate, render to that first...... then to H264.
To apply Looks, AND, compress the living daylights out of your footage at the same time is to much to ask.

Happy New Year!

absolutely right ,this pretty much goes for any problems when rendering from vegas if you cant export straight to your desired format without errors ,then render uncompressed or with a lossless format and then compress