DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Cheapest Movie Studio 10 to Pro 10 upgrade? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/495238-cheapest-movie-studio-10-pro-10-upgrade.html)

Mike Kujbida May 10th, 2011 10:37 AM

Re: Cheapest Movie Studio 10 to Pro 10 upgrade?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Simpson (Post 1647682)
Interesting but "does not include DVD Architect Pro software"

Gee wonder if the upgrade includes it on the Sony site upgrade offer??? I've got to have DVD Architect which will work with PRO

Yes it does.
Back at (as I recall) version 7, Sony decided to bundle Vegas and DVD Architect as a package meaning that you couldn't buy one without the other.
They're still separate downloads but it's one price for both items.

Harry Simpson May 10th, 2011 12:14 PM

Mike

Just reading the warning Adorama prints all over the product page where they tell you "this product DOES NOT INCLUDE DVD Architect".

I ordered it from Sony just now.....I'll be PRO within the week.

James Saradetch May 11th, 2011 01:50 AM

Hi Harry,

it does come with DVD Architect v5.2! I know because I ordered this and I installed it

Harry Simpson May 11th, 2011 01:33 PM

I know that's why I ordered from Sony and not Adorama. :-)

Got to get all of my NewBlue Fx software serial numbers together. Product suppose to arrive tomorrow.
I suppose all my old studio projects will load into PRO ok correct?

Any upgrade tips?

Bruce Phung May 11th, 2011 08:07 PM

Couple of years ago, Vegas Pro 8 were $500+ that supposedly come with DVDA. At that time I thought that is to expensive for me to buy. But I kept occasionally checking on Amazon. Guess what I did bought Vegas Pro 8 for $149 without DVDA. YES you can buy Vegas Pro without DVDA sometime, may not be all the time.

Edward Troxel May 12th, 2011 06:23 AM

Harry, Pro will open Movie Studio files. Movie Studio will NOT open Pro files.

Bruce (and all), yes it is possible to buy Vegas Pro without DVD Architect. However, you will definitely have more limitations without DVD Architect. For example, AC3 activation comes by installing and activating DVD Architect. And you cannot purchase DVD Architect Pro separately should you then decide you need it.

The good news... if history continues to be true, you would be able to upgrade from the Vegas only version to the Vegas + DVD Architect version during the next upgrade cycle (i.e. when Vegas Pro 11 comes out).

Bruce Phung May 12th, 2011 09:11 AM

The only limitation is that I can not use use ac3 Pro for encoding, other than that nothing else is special. I am using dvda studio 5, again from Amazon $25.00 can't beat that.