DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   New update for Pro 11 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/503644-new-update-pro-11-a.html)

Adam Stanislav December 18th, 2011 10:55 PM

Re: New update for Pro 11

You’re most welcome, Jeff. :)

Jeff Harper December 20th, 2011 03:26 AM

Several days of edting, and one minor crash. This is phenomenal. I've also found that my Ultimate S buttons on the toolbar do not disappear as they used to in mid-editing with Vegas 10.

Tom Bostick December 24th, 2011 03:17 PM

im very pleased with the latest 64 bit version, im rendering with gpu and no problems so far!

Jeff Harper December 24th, 2011 03:34 PM

I got a new card (refurb from EVGA) and preview with gpu is still no good. I cannot preview "best" quality 1080i 3 cams with or without gpu without major slowdowns. Sucks.

Ron Evans December 25th, 2011 08:37 AM

I use Vegas and Edius Jeff. If you want full frame rate, full resolution , multicam playback try Edius. I have just edited 5 track AVCHD 1920x1080i show, multicam at full frame rate and resolution with no problems on my system. My system is not top of the line its a Z68 board with i7 2600K , 8G RAM, Win7 64 Home Premium, GTX560 ( though Edius only uses for some filters which I do not use anyway). Edius does use the Intel QuickSync for h264 export though resulting in Bluray export to h264 at less than half realtime. I use the SPARK HD board to monitor timeline on a HD TV.

I use Edius for video and Vegas for audio ( not a strong point of Edius) and DVD Architect 5.2 to author.

Ron Evans

Jeff Harper December 25th, 2011 09:01 AM

Ron, I have a I7 980 processor running a 4.2ghz, and the footage is on $2k worth of SAS drives, so it's getting old now dealing with this. I have invested much more money than I would have needed to do with Edius, for sure.

I'm aware, because of your talking about Edius for a couple of years, how great Edius is for preview.

What about ease of use, and how's the transition from Vegas?

Ron Evans December 25th, 2011 09:21 AM

I have no problem switching between them. But have been using Vegas since its audio only days. I have Shuttle Pro and have this set up so that it controls both programs the same. There is a little learning curve but not as different as say CS5.5 and there are good training videos available that are worth viewing FIRST. All my multicam is in Edius but I often use Vegas for a simple single track family video and always use Vegas/Sound Forge for audio. They complement each other for my use. With both installed the Canopus HQ codec is available to Vegas ( sort of competitor to Cineform) allowing easy transfer between the programs if needed.

Ron Evans

David Delaney January 4th, 2012 11:06 AM

Does any new version (after 8) handle the HV20 24p pulldown? I know the Premiere can, but I haven't kept up with the new Vegas updates.