DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Insert too many empty events (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/505219-insert-too-many-empty-events.html)

Paul Fierlinger February 13th, 2012 06:23 AM

Insert too many empty events

I don't know when this started or what caused it, but each time I need to add an empty event to a layer, all the layers get empty events too. Can someone please tell me where to deselect this option?

Edward Troxel February 13th, 2012 07:26 AM

Re: Insert too many empty events

What do you mean by "add an empty event to a layer". Want to make sure I understand what you mean by "Layer".

Joe Kollee February 13th, 2012 02:43 PM

My system does that when I have auto-ripple turned on. Sounds like that is what you are talking about.

There is a button on the toolbar, auto-ripple, check to see if it is selected.

Paul Fierlinger February 13th, 2012 04:32 PM

Edward by add I mean insert an empty event -- and Joe it now does this even with ripple turned off. I am running Vegas 11 build 521 64-bit on Windows 7. I never had this happen to me before.

Paul Fierlinger February 14th, 2012 08:03 AM

The same thing is happening when I insert Legacy text media; a new text event appears not just on the layer above the image event, as expected, but also directly on top of the event (in effect , covering it ) and on all other layers below. This is clearly a bug, in my view and I should hope one of the beta testers here will report this (since I am unsure of my proper usage of Vegas terminology, I hesitate to do this myself).

Edward Troxel February 14th, 2012 08:31 AM

Ok, I just did an experiment.

1. Open Vegas Pro 11
2. Right-click timeline area, choose Insert Video Track
3. Right-click blank spot on the timeline area, choose Insert Video Track
4. Right-click blank spot on the timeline area, choose Insert Video Track
5. Right-click track 1, choose Insert Empty Event

At this point. ONLY track 1 got an empty event.

6. Click on the track 1 header and then SHIFT-click on the track 3 header so that all three tracks are selected.
7. Right-click track 1, choose Insert Empty Event

This operation added an empty event to ALL THREE tracks - i.e. all selected tracks.

So make sure ONLY the track where you want the event added is selected and then try it.

Paul Fierlinger February 14th, 2012 12:15 PM

AHA! Thanks for the enlightenment, Edward. As soon as I read this, I looked over to my editing screen and it all came together in a flash: I had the headers of ALL the timelines highlighted (selected). I also have no idea when and why I had done that because this is something I have never needed to do yet.

Joe Kollee February 15th, 2012 02:53 PM

Edward is the King!! wtg.