DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Fade help (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/50657-fade-help.html)

Scott Johnston September 7th, 2005 06:23 AM

Fade help

Hey guys,

I am currently trying to loop a song with the introduction and I was wondering, is there any way to adjust that white fade line that comes uo, so that it doesnt end in the bottom corner in silence and maybe move it up the clip so that it ends very quietly instead of silently?

T.I.A
Scott

Edward Troxel September 7th, 2005 07:21 AM

Well... I guess you could use a volume envelope instead.

Mark Burlingame September 7th, 2005 01:14 PM

I think you can simply lift the fade floor, try grabbing the end of the fade and move it up a bit, I know you can lower the fade ceiling. Mark

Edward Troxel September 7th, 2005 02:03 PM

Nope - bottom can't be raised. I just double-checked.

Guy Bruner September 7th, 2005 05:20 PM

Well, you can probably trick it by making the audio track longer than the video track. Then your fade will extend out beyond the video track's end. Sort of an L cut for audio. But, I like Edward's volume envelope better.

Mark Burlingame September 9th, 2005 03:25 PM

Oh well.. I second the use of envelopes then. The are really easy to use and will do exactly what you want although I don't think you get those nice exponential decay curves as you do with the fades. M

Edward Troxel September 9th, 2005 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Burlingame
although I don't think you get those nice exponential decay curves as you do with the fades. M

Sure you can. Just right-click the nodes and pick one of the various fade types.

Scott Johnston September 12th, 2005 03:24 AM

Doesn't a volume envelope go through the entire project, is there a way to make it only occur in a certain part?

Mike Kujbida September 12th, 2005 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Johnston
Doesn't a volume envelope go through the entire project, is there a way to make it only occur in a certain part?

It does indeed go though the entire project but, as long as you remember to add a node at the end of the "certain part" to bring it back to normal level (0.0 db) after changing it as desired, it's usually not a problem.

Mike

Scott Johnston September 12th, 2005 03:47 AM

So, there is no way to bypass that at all, being that it goes through everything?

Guy Bruner September 12th, 2005 05:03 AM

Well, you could put some audio on a separate track without the envelope.

Edward Troxel September 12th, 2005 08:31 AM

The whole point of the volume envelope is that you can add nodes to adjust as needed. So if only one section needs lowering, for instance, just put two new nodes on the left of that section, two on the right of that section, and then lower it during that section. Then nothing else will be affected.

If you insist, like Guy said - you can put that event on it's own track and adjust it individually. There's no limit to the number of audio tracks you can have so break it up however much you want.

Scott Johnston September 12th, 2005 03:30 PM

Awesome, I just put it through the entire thing.

Thanks for the help guys.