DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Best Vegas render settings for Youtube (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/511153-best-vegas-render-settings-youtube.html)

Antonie Koen October 4th, 2012 09:24 AM

Best Vegas render settings for Youtube

Would someone please point me in the right direction? I did a quick search and couldn't find exactly what I'm looking for.

I am about to start with a job which will be Pal 720x576. It's a 60-90 second promotional video for a church youth ministry.

Apart from outputting to regular dvd, I also have to render for the following: Youtube + Mobile phones. The client will do the upload himself. I only need to hand over the video files in the applicable formats.

My questions are:
1.) What are the best render settings (format, etc) for Youtube?
2.) What are the best render settings (format, etc) for general mobile phone distribution?

I'm working with interlaced footage for this project. Will I need to de-interlace my footage before starting my edit? If so, what's the most painless method for doing so?

I have access to Sony Vegas Pro 8 + Sony Vegas Studio 11.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

David Stoneburner October 4th, 2012 09:39 AM

Re: Best Vegas render settings for Youtube

I'm not sure what is best for general mobile phones, since there is no general standard or size, but I have been using the Sony AVC (i think) settings for YouTube. I don't de-interlace, I let the software do that on the output. I've had good results with it. I've been going back and forth on 1080p vs 720p for YouTube. If shoot footage with my HDV camera, I usually produce 720p, with my AVCHD camera 1080p.

Mike Kujbida October 4th, 2012 11:51 AM

This is a GREAT tutorial that will answer most, if not all of your questions.

Ian Stark October 5th, 2012 06:48 AM

Great find, Mike, thanks for sharing.

Adam Stanislav October 5th, 2012 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian Stark (Post 1756855)
"Video people have strange names for their tools". Haaaa!.

Actually, I have always found that remark highly insulting. Dr. Lanczos was a brilliant Hungarian mathematician and the tool is named for him because it uses one of his many mathematical formulae. The only strange thing about his name is that the author of the video did not even bother to learn how to pronounce it properly (LAHN-tsosh).

To say the name is strange is to imply that the English language is superior to all other languages. Just because native English speakers are notorious about not learning other languages and expecting the rest of the world to learn theirs, is no reason to ridicule other languages (in this case Hungarian). That is rude, ignorant, arrogant and insulting.

Ian Stark October 5th, 2012 07:34 AM

Comment removed (by me)

Adam Stanislav October 5th, 2012 10:47 AM

Hungarians are anything but my heroes! But his name is a perfectly normal name in their language. And his research has helped all of us (in video) in ways most of us cannot even comprehend. So, yes, I find the author’s remark both ignorant and insulting.

How would he feel if some Hungarian was mocking his own name (whatever his name is, I do not know). So, no, I am not getting off my high horse. But I do not intend to keep debating this either. All I wanted was to point out how insulting that “joke” was.

And now, can we please move on.

Ian Stark October 5th, 2012 11:28 AM

(Comment removed by me)
Bye . . .