DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Dvd architect problem (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/514048-dvd-architect-problem.html)

Sean Lazlo February 4th, 2013 11:34 AM

Dvd architect problem

I have been using DVD ARCHITECT 4.5 for over 2 years with no issues. Now when I try to burn a DVD, it gets stuck at 66% on the making DVD part. (0% on the BURNING PROGRESS). I let it run for another 2 hours and it finally went to 1% on the burning progress and the approximate time left was like 56 hours. Can anyone help? I use Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9 (export in mpeg & ac3 for ARCHITECT) , WIN 7 and I am able to prepare a folder, but I want to fix this. Please help. Thanks

Jeff Harper February 4th, 2013 01:04 PM

Re: Dvd architect problem

Sean, try moving the original files to another hard drive, delete all of the original files on the original hard drive, and see what happens.

Sean Lazlo February 4th, 2013 04:22 PM

sorry, it did not work. any other suggestions?

Don Bloom February 4th, 2013 04:47 PM

You might need to do a re-install.

Sean Lazlo February 4th, 2013 06:52 PM

I actually already did that but before trying the different hard drive. Should I do it again and should I move the files again?

Don Bloom February 4th, 2013 07:00 PM

Before you do that, look at the original project (VEG) file and see if any clips (events) look wonky. It might be showing red or there might be something else that just doesn't look right. Could be a corrupt clip.
Barring that, you could render in Vegas and burn in Imgburn. It's free and works like a champ.
I render in Vegas, author in DVDA5.2 then prepare in DVDA take the files from the TS folder and drop into Imgburn, BAM! works great! Did I mention it's free? ;-)

Jeff Harper February 4th, 2013 07:05 PM

You know if you have time, you might, overnight, run a disc scan of your C drive. Also, I wonder if the files you have rendered are somehow corrupt. Have you tried re-rendering your files?

Roberto Diaz February 4th, 2013 09:05 PM

could it be your burner?

Graham Bernard February 5th, 2013 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roberto Diaz (Post 1777255)
could it be your burner?

Quite. Try this to confirm.

A: Using a NEW RW DVD burn an old, kown to you, correctly-burning DVDA Project to the RW DVD.
i) - If it works, burns correctly, it's looking like the project - go to B:
ii) - If it works, burns correctly, it could be the previous "Media" you burnt on. You have your answer!
iii) - If it doesn't work, burns badly, it's looking like your burner - go to C:

B: Use an alternative DVD Burning s/w on a clean RW DVD.
i) - If it works, it's DVDA not burning correctly.
ii) - If it doesn't work then it's looking like your Project. This very hard to fathom.

C: do you have an option to test burning on another burner? If you don't, then considering a new burner. These devices are really cheap and, if you have done many DVD and CD burns, they do burn out. Or your burner was already suspect but only now you've been made aware of it.

Above all, please confirm you do have a nicely, free-ed up System drive and, where your Prepare folder is again not "crowded" by an over-stuffed drive.

It's all very frustrating. I know, I've been there with a Pioneer not burning CDs.

Cheers

Grazie

Jeff Harper February 6th, 2013 06:12 PM

Sean, mine is now doing the same type of thing, it shows 5 hour prepare time. This is happening and I have to cancel my first night out with girlfriend in weeks and she is so pissed.

It's been crashing all afternoon, this really sucks. I've NEVER had problem with Architect before. I'm using V6.0.

I'm going to try uninstalling and reinstall.