DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   NewBlue Titler Pro 2.0 is it worth it? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/514168-newblue-titler-pro-2-0-worth.html)

James Redmond February 8th, 2013 09:10 AM

NewBlue Titler Pro 2.0 is it worth it?

Hi! I've had access to NewBlue Titler 1 for several versions. I found it hard to learn plus it was really buggy. Kept crashing my system.

Are you using Pro 2.0? How stable is it? Is it worth the upgrade?

Thanks! James

Edward Troxel February 8th, 2013 10:24 AM

Re: NewBlue Titler Pro 2.0 is it worth it?

The newest versions of Titler Pro 1 and 2 definitely adds more stability. I don't know what build you are running but I can say that the newest versions are very stable.

As for Titler Pro 1 vs Titler Pro 2, see here for the new features added in Titler Pro 2:

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/newbluef...r-pro-2-a.html

Graham Bernard February 9th, 2013 12:08 AM

NBTP2? Wouldn't leave home without it! - It is THAT good.

It makes the Complex, become Simple. And the Simple appear Complex.

It is the only 3rd Party Text Generator I now have on my machine. I spent the last 10 years using the SONY offerings. I got mesmerised and then too frustrated with ProType Titler that I fell back on the simplest of the Legacy Sony options, and well, quite frankly for my needs and those of my client has been good enough and polished enough to be valuable. My videos looked good and the finances rolled-in.

But now . . . NBTP2 . . . . Doing some of the simplest and easiest work: Moving one letter to Kern; increasing the size of one letter; placing one letter within the boundary of another; moving blocks of naturally self-selecting graphics is just too easy for words to explain. It's as if typesetting, with which I have a modicum of experience, is now available to me - straight there within the Vegas GUI.

Will I use SONY Legacy again? Yes. Will NBTP2 supplant it? I doubt it. But my point here is now I have more options than I thought were ever possible. Yes, and against advise, I did buy Boris Graffiti about a zillion years ago and just threw up my hands in frustration at its, IMHO, hocus pocus, for me, non-intuitive GUI and painful rendering engine. So I do have another 3rd party experience to compare NBTP2 to.

I do NOT work for NewBlue.

Cheers

Grazie

Graham Bernard February 9th, 2013 12:11 AM

PS: Is there any "nudging" available in NBTP2? Left<>Right arrows to fine adjust blocks?

. . just asking here . .

Grazie

Duane Adam February 11th, 2013 08:54 AM

I still have render issues (crashing, flickering) with New Blue effects in both Vegas and PP CS6. They're my favorite plugins and I prefer the colorfast cc to Magic Bullet, are they working on fixes?

Edward Troxel February 11th, 2013 12:10 PM

Grazie, you can certainly fine-tune the positioning. First of all, you can use the up/down arrows to the right of the adjustment line. These will move things in small increments. You can also double-click on the number and type in the exact value you wish.

Edward Troxel February 11th, 2013 12:11 PM

Duane, can you please send the details of any issues you are have to NewBlue support?

Graham Bernard February 12th, 2013 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edward Troxel (Post 1778508)
Grazie, you can certainly fine-tune the positioning. First of all, you can use the up/down arrows to the right of the adjustment line. These will move things in small increments.

Nope, not getting that. Must be doing something wrong.

G

James Redmond February 12th, 2013 10:04 AM

Graham, Thanks for your insight and experience. You have motivated me to at least download version 2 and give it a try, especially that you have found it to be intuitive. Thanks again for posting, James

Edward Troxel February 12th, 2013 01:17 PM

It's on special today too! Share the love with the NewBlueFX deal of the day

James Redmond February 12th, 2013 02:11 PM

Edward, is there a special upgrade price too? I couldn't find it. thanks, James

Dale McClelland February 12th, 2013 04:02 PM

>> is there a special upgrade price too? I couldn't find it. thanks,<<

I couldn't find a special upgrade price either. I wish NB would "share the love" with upgraders too.

Edward Troxel February 13th, 2013 08:20 AM

No. The price was only for a new purchase. You can get a discount coupon for "Liking" us on Facebook, though.

James Redmond February 13th, 2013 09:59 AM

OK. What is the discount for liking? James

Edward Troxel February 13th, 2013 11:47 AM

I think it is a 20% discount.