DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   DVD Architect Menu Fade In (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/514846-dvd-architect-menu-fade.html)

David Jasany March 7th, 2013 01:10 PM

DVD Architect Menu Fade In

With DVD Architect, is there a way to make the main menu fade in rather than abruptly popping up after the introductory media is played?

Thanks.

Edward Troxel March 7th, 2013 01:26 PM

Re: DVD Architect Menu Fade In

Sure. You could always make the background a video and fade that video in. The buttons can also be made to appear after a period of time.

David Jasany March 7th, 2013 01:36 PM

Thanks Ed. I was thinking of doing that but I thought I would first see if there was something in DVD Architect that would do it. For years I've just added some black media on the introductory media to make more time before the menu pops up. This at least softens it a little.

Edward Troxel March 7th, 2013 01:43 PM

Take a snapshot of your main menu and then have the intro media fade in. Then you won't have to use a video on the menu if you don't want.

David Jasany March 7th, 2013 02:03 PM

Ed, I think I now have a general grasp on how to fade a button in. But would this work for text only buttons?

Regarding your last post, could you explain further? I'm not understanding your suggestion. Thanks.

Edward Troxel March 7th, 2013 02:41 PM

You said you were doing a black intro. Just make the intro a little longer and have the end of the intro actually fade into the actual menu. You can do that by taking an image of the menu and have the intro fade into that image before jumping to the actual menu.

I believe the button delays will work with both images and text. They may not fade, though. It may simply be a sudden appearance. If you let the intro fade in the menu, you could just let the buttons appear as soon as it switches to that menu without needing to fade in the buttons.

David Jasany March 7th, 2013 07:34 PM

Thanks Edward!

David Jasany March 8th, 2013 09:07 AM

Ed,

I played around with this in DVD Architect but I'm stuck on taking an image of my menu. How can I accomplish this?

Thanks again.

Edward Troxel March 8th, 2013 09:32 AM

What I would do is create an image to use as the menu background. Then create a video that starts black and fades into that image. Now in DVD Architect, add that video and the intro movie and use that same image as the menu background.

David Jasany March 8th, 2013 10:31 AM

I was thinking you had a way to copy the menu image in DVD Architect that includes both the background and text (my buttons are all text) and then use it with the introductory media. I was able to use just the background and fade it out with the introductory media, but of course the text pops up rather than fade. I'm not sure if like it but I'm going with it for now.

I tried exporting the menu in DVDA as a theme but Vegas doesn't recognize the file. Maybe it could just be renamed?