DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Sony Titles & Text - font issue? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/517953-sony-titles-text-font-issue.html)

Gerald Webb August 27th, 2013 05:36 AM

Re: Sony Titles & Text - font issue?

Thanks Ian,
Only used it for maybe 30min of playing around.
OFX version, GPU in Vegas turned off. No crash yet. Happy days.

Ian Stark August 28th, 2013 02:01 AM

Gerald, I have GPU acceleration turned on and I'm still not experiencing problems with Titler.

One other great selling point for Titler Pro 2 is its ability to handle vector graphics (i.e. eps). About a third of the graphics in the Oracle video were animated on and off within Titler using tweaked transition presets. Very easy.

Gerald Webb August 29th, 2013 04:21 PM

hmmm, will try it out Ian.
My Vegas install hasnt been happy the last few weeks with one particular project with GPU turned on, turned it off though and everything was good again.
I really wish they would sort out these GPU issues, still a bit of a lucky dip for me from project to project.

Gerald Webb September 8th, 2013 06:31 AM

Not happy, just went back to the one and only project I had used NB Titler 2 on, just one instance.
Would not open, stuck at 46%, background operation yada yada. hangs forever until force quit.
Delete all temp Vegas files in Appdata, can then open it. Close it, same thing happens. Start again.
After 2 hrs of mucking around, uninstalled Titler 2. All is good again.
Anyone know how to begin to troubleshoot?

Ian Stark September 8th, 2013 02:55 PM

Oh no! Have to say that's not one I've come across. Certainly I've noticed that projects take longer to open, even with a single instance of Titler, but not to hang. What's in the Titler project? Anything fancy?

Probably worth raising this as a trouble ticket and let Edward have a look at it.

(Feeling guilty for being the impetus for your Titler purchase)

Edward Troxel September 9th, 2013 09:45 AM

Gerald, please send a support e-mail to NewBlue. There are certainly things we can check to see what is happening on your system.

Gerald Webb September 9th, 2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian Stark (Post 1811971)
Oh no! Have to say that's not one I've come across. Certainly I've noticed that projects take longer to open, even with a single instance of Titler, but not to hang. What's in the Titler project? Anything fancy?

Probably worth raising this as a trouble ticket and let Edward have a look at it.

(Feeling guilty for being the impetus for your Titler purchase)

Nothing fancy at all, Sample Text blurred in, camera shake and I think, Exit stage right.

LOL, I hold you entirely responsible Ian, I am plotting the method of my revenge as I type.....:)

Will do tonight Edward, thanks.

Aleksey Tarasov September 9th, 2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian Stark (Post 1808796)
if anyone has any suggestions as to how I can achieve a decent looking clock wipe I'm all ears! It needs to be controllable, so the Clock Wipe transition doesn't help me

You can control it with Transition envelope

Graham Bernard September 10th, 2013 02:32 AM

Latest build - B710 - still no fix on this.

Grazie