DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Powerpoint help (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/525740-powerpoint-help.html)

Jeff Harper November 14th, 2014 08:19 AM

Powerpoint help

I need to convert a Powerpoint presentation so it can be used in a video presentation. The Powerpoint slides will be brought into the video to be shown alongside a vide of the speaker, with the video on the left and the slides on the right side of screen.

Problem is that when I convert the presentation directly from Powerpoint to png or jpeg or tiff the slides come out a small resolution, like 960x540. No good, they look terrible.

So I tried to convert them to Adobe Acrobat, where they look perfect, and then converted them from Adobe Acrobat to png. However they come out at 3960x1125, which is totally stretched and not good.

Any suggestions on how I can covert these slides to look awesome for an HD presentation?

Mike Kujbida November 14th, 2014 10:14 AM

Re: Powerpoint help

Jeff, I just tried this with a 27 slide PPT presentation running PowerPoint 2013.
I saved them as PDF, brought it into Photoshop and exported out a series of PNG files. They came out 3,000 x 2,250 pixels in size with Photoshop set to 300 pixels/inch on import.
If that doesn't work for you, try saving them in .EMF format. Open that up in MS Paint (remember that old dog!!) and save it as a PNG. Doing it this way gave me an image that was 6,000 x 4,500 pixels.
Good luck.

Jeff Harper November 14th, 2014 12:03 PM

Great workaround Mike. Many thanks for your effort. Just before seeing your message I found this, compliments of Microsoft. I'm actually more comfortable and faster with with editing the registry than I am with Photoshop. I don't have Photoshop installed, so I'll go with it. Only thing is I have to save each slide individually, but it's only 20, so shoudn't take long.

How to change the export resolution of a PowerPoint slide

Mike Kujbida November 14th, 2014 12:11 PM

Jeff, I'm much more comfortable with Photoshop than the registry so do whatever makes it easiest for you.
I have an old PPT macro that would let me resize the slides to darn near anything I wanted but it doesn't work in the newer versions :(

Jeff Harper November 14th, 2014 12:36 PM

Thanks, Mike. Good news is that I do not have to save individually after all when using this method.

Resulting files are 3000x1687.

Roberto Diaz November 15th, 2014 12:30 AM

i had the same problem once and solved it by tweaking the Page Setup... go to the Design tab, then click Page Setup icon. it'll show the slide width & height in inches. adjust those values, say double each of them, and the resolution of the saved PNG will be doubled as well.

for example, on one PPT I had, the original page size was 10x7.5 inches and it created a PNG that was 960x720 pixels. when i doubled the page size to 20x15 inches, the PNG became 1920x1440.

also, when i chose File | Save As then selected PNG, it asked me if i wanted to save only the current slide or all of them. when i choose all slides, it creates a folder and puts Slide1.png, slide2.png, etc in that folder.

[NOTE: this was on Office 2010. not sure if newer versions behave differently.]