DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   All of a sudden....Vegas is RAM hog (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/529978-all-sudden-vegas-ram-hog.html)

Mike Hammond October 7th, 2015 07:50 PM

All of a sudden....Vegas is RAM hog

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone is having the same problem. I have Vegas Pro 13 on a Windows 7 machine and recently updated to the latest version of it. Now, when I open Vegas (just the program, no video files, no project files - just the program itself), the RAM used by the computer slowly rises from 3GB / 15%, up to 6.41GB / 32%.

If I open a second instance of Vegas RAM usage goes up to 9.69GB and 48%. And so on with more Vegas windows opened.

This has never happened before. In fact my normal workflow is to have up to 7 or 8 instances of Vegas open with projects in them so I can cut and paste from this one to that.

After the upgrade I can't even have 4 open without RAM topping out at almost the full 20GB I have available on my machine.

I've updated Windows 7, I've run multiple virus checks, malware checks, registry cleans, etc.

This only seems to be a Vegas thing. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Vegas 13 to no avail.

Just for fun I opened Vegas 10 Pro and it ran fine. No RAM issues.

Chris Harding October 8th, 2015 07:15 AM

Re: All of a sudden....Vegas is RAM hog

Interesting!!

That's why I still use Vegas 10 although I have 13 also installed. It will be nice to use 13 so hopefully someone will have an answer???

Mike Hammond October 9th, 2015 06:49 AM

Vegas Pro 10 runs perfectly - no RAM issues. But unfortunately it has trouble with my AVCHD files.

Edward Troxel October 10th, 2015 10:05 AM

Open the Preferences and check the "Dynamic RAM" setting. Try lowering that to a much smaller number.

Karl Walter Keirstead October 11th, 2015 11:33 PM

On my desktop running Windows 10, the starting memory is 5.0 GB/9.9

When I load one instance of Vegas 12 memory goes to 5.8.

Loading a 2nd instance of V12 takes the memory to 7.0 and if I then start up one instance of Vegas 13 It goes to 7.4

I loaded a .veg file for each of the 4 instances (2 x Vegas 12; 1 x Vegas 13)

Closing all of these takes the memory down to 4.3 (lower than the starting 5.0)

Hard to be conclusive as under Windows 10 I am usually unable to load Vegas 13 unless I do this very early in the load cycle.

I was surprised to discover that V13 would load so there may be a link between modules that V12 loads that are able to help V13 to load.

I may try the following a) load v12, b) close V12, c) try to load V13

Over time, I expect to find out what the problem is with loading v13 at random times after startup

The V13 load fails on the last step "opening windows".if you try to open V13 after a restart but

Mike Hammond October 13th, 2015 06:01 AM

Hi Edward,

Already tried that and no luck. I was sure that downloading the update must have reset that value in my setting so it was one of the first things I checked.