DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Announcement from Magix about Vegas14 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/532118-announcement-magix-about-vegas14.html)

Seth Bloombaum June 21st, 2016 01:36 PM

Announcement from Magix about Vegas14

Received via email. Note NATIVE prores support! That's kind of a big deal...

At the end of September.

VEGAS Pro is entering into a brand new era!

Since the acquisition of VEGAS Pro and other tools from Sony Creative Software, our entire development team in Madison, Wisconsin is working tirelessly to take video editing with VEGAS Pro to the next level.

This means that at the end of September 2016, you can look forward to the most advanced version of VEGAS Pro yet!

Here's a sneak peek of some of the highlights and new features in the upcoming version:

» HEVC/H.265 support
» 4K Smart Upscaling
» Native ProRes support
» and much more!

Stay tuned for more updates and get ready for the all new VEGAS Pro 14.

Sincerely,

Klaus Schmidt
CEO MAGIX Software GmbH

Cliff Totten June 21st, 2016 06:17 PM

Re: Announcement from Magix about Vegas14

IT'S ALIVE!!!

Thank GOD! I'm excited to see how MAGIX invests in Vegas Pro in the years to come.

Count me in!

Leslie Wand June 21st, 2016 07:42 PM

lazarus rises ;-)

am looking forward to seeing what develops....

Jack Zhang June 22nd, 2016 12:14 AM

Ooh. Native ProRes hooks are much needed. So are native DNxHD hooks.

Leslie Wand June 22nd, 2016 03:19 AM

+1 dnxhd would be most useful indeed

Robin Davies-Rollinson June 22nd, 2016 03:15 PM

That's wonderful news - and just as I was getting used to DaVinci Resolve 12.5!

Greg Kintz June 22nd, 2016 04:16 PM

We knew Sony was working on supporting mov and ProRes playback, as Apple is not willing to fix the security issues in their PC quicktime plugin.

The big question for me would be: Will ProRes now be an encoding option (currently very very rare in the PC world, due to restrictions by Apple) or does this simply mean we will have ProRes file playback "support", but without needing quicktime?

Ian Stark June 23rd, 2016 12:27 AM

Fantastic news. And not a gimmick in sight 😊

Are these press releases being emailed out to the customer base? I haven't received anything from Magix since the acquisition.

Leslie Wand June 23rd, 2016 02:18 AM

nor have i?

have written over on scs and magix boards to find out what's required to get them. anyone here know?

innocent by-stander

George Dean June 23rd, 2016 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leslie Wand (Post 1916907)
nor have i?

have written over on scs and magix boards to find out what's required to get them. anyone here know?

innocent by-stander

A few days after the purchase announcement I downloaded two Magix applications (trials). When I installed them it required registering. I think it was during the registration process that I elected to receive Magix announcements about software deals. I think this is why I received the recent Vegas Pro 14 announcement from the Magix CEO.

Seth Bloombaum June 23rd, 2016 12:36 PM

I've not registered with Magix, but did receive the email announcement.

Go figure!

Dave Blackhurst June 23rd, 2016 03:53 PM

I'm gettting update emails on my old "Sony database" accounts.... Magix sent an announcement email that they purchased the customer database and unless you opted out, you should get any new announcements.

If you're not getting them, you either hadn't opted in with Sony, or they are going to a spam/junk folder, or.... maybe they lost your contact info!

Ron Evans June 23rd, 2016 04:57 PM

I have not registered with Magix and have not had any emails but can still log into my Sony account and see all my software registered etc. Looking forward to see what comes in September.

Ron Evans

Leslie Wand June 23rd, 2016 07:18 PM

+1 as ron above

Ian Stark June 24th, 2016 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Blackhurst (Post 1916934)
I'm gettting update emails on my old "Sony database" accounts.... Magix sent an announcement email that they purchased the customer database and unless you opted out, you should get any new announcements.

If you're not getting them, you either hadn't opted in with Sony, or they are going to a spam/junk folder, or.... maybe they lost your contact info!

Didn't opt out, not going to junk folder. Looks like they lost me! I can log on to my Sony account.

Anyone outside the US getting these messages?

Perhaps it's Germany's way of punishing us in the UK for last night's embarrassment!