DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Magix movie edit pro 2020 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/537277-magix-movie-edit-pro-2020-a.html)

Roy Alexander February 8th, 2020 08:41 AM

Magix movie edit pro 2020

Is there a forum for Magix editing programmes or can questions be put on thie forum.

Roger Gunkel February 9th, 2020 09:49 AM

Re: Magix movie edit pro 2020

Hi Roy,

There is a dedicated Magix forum which covers most Magix products. The video forum is here https://www.magix.info/us/video-foru...ther-products/

I have been using various updates of MEP and VPX for many years, but am one of very few users on this forum. The Magix forum though has a number of very knowledgeable members that will be able to answer anything you want, although I would be happy to help if I can if you want to ask on here.

For anything else video related though, this forum is the best by far, being populated from folks from all areas of the video industry.

Roger

Roy Alexander February 9th, 2020 02:44 PM

Hi Roger. Thank you for your answer. I have tried to register with the Magix forum but can't get it to work. Something to do with nickname. I am 93 years old and can't cope with the jargon. What I want to know is there a tutorial for Magix movie edit pro that is simple to follow. I have studied a few so called for beginners and they don't explain how to do things exactly e.g. they all say you have to place your video shots in the media pool, but they don't tell how you do this.. I am using a Panasonic HD camcorder which records onto an SD card. I transfer this shots onto one of my hard drives on a PC which is only used for editing. At the moment I am using Adobe CS6 and am happy with it. I have placed over Thirty award winning videos onto you tube under the name of "RoyfromDurham" As Magix are offering their product at a reasonable price I was thinking of buying the programme as it seems to be very good and I need to have a standbye editing programme in case anything happens to My PC which would mean I wouldn't be able to reactivate Adobe CS6 because Adobe is now a rental programme. Thanks for your interest. Roy

Danny O'Neill February 10th, 2020 10:27 AM

Drag the clip to the timeline. Screw the media pool :)

Roger Gunkel February 11th, 2020 11:35 AM

As Danny says, open a new project in the programme, then navigate to the file that you have downloaded your clips to and drag them onto the timeline.

Not sure why you are unable to join the forum, it just needs an email, user name and password. There are many tutorials on the Magix forum on every aspect of editing with the programme, however I just googled Magix Movie edit pro and there are many tutorials on Youtube. Here is one on the basics

Roger

Patrick Tracy February 11th, 2020 02:19 PM

You can even drop a file right onto the desktop icon (in Vegas Pro 14 on a Win10 machine) and it will open up a new project with that file.

Roy Alexander February 12th, 2020 07:10 AM

Thanks Roger and Danny. I'll see if I can follow your advice as soon as I receive the Magix programme which I have ordered on Disc. Thanks again

Peter Riding February 16th, 2020 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy Alexander (Post 1957099)
..... At the moment I am using Adobe CS6 and am happy with it. ..... I need to have a standby editing programme in case anything happens to My PC which would mean I wouldn't be able to reactivate Adobe CS6 because Adobe is now a rental programme.

Roy, I'm pretty sure you can reinstall CS6 as I've done that a couple of times for Photoshop CS6 and Dreamweaver CS6 by clicking on the the appropriate Adobe Zip file that I had saved long ago n.b. you just click on the file and it downloads per normal, then you enter your license info. I don't have a Zip copy of the Adobe video software though. It appears to be OK to get the old Zip file direct from Adobe if you contact support together with your license details.

Pete

Roy Alexander February 27th, 2020 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger Gunkel (Post 1957167)
As Danny says, open a new project in the programme, then navigate to the file that you have downloaded your clips to and drag them onto the timeline.

Not sure why you are unable to join the forum, it just needs an email, user name and password. There are many tutorials on the Magix forum on every aspect of editing with the programme, however I just googled Magix Movie edit pro and there are many tutorials on Youtube. Here is one on the basics MAGIX Movie Edit Pro – Introductory video Tutorial (2019) - YouTube

Roger

HI Roger. I am making good progress with the Magix movie edit pro premium programme and have downloaded the manual for the programme. Unfortunately being 93 years old it is to complicated for me to understand. I am making a project using a trial and error process and it is quite good but I am stuck withone FX I can't figure out. I want to know how to make a frame hold or a still from a clip which is very unsteady. Can anyone tell me step by step how I can do this? Thanks for any help

Patrick Tracy February 27th, 2020 02:29 PM

Try: File > Export movie > Single frame

Roy Alexander February 28th, 2020 06:40 AM

Hi Patrick, thank you for your reply. Unfortunatly it doesn't help me. After clipping onto single frame a panel comes up and I have no idea what to do with it. It doesn't show where to save the freeze frame or how to make it. I should image that I have to use the T symbol to select a frame after highlighting the clip, but aftervthat I'm lost. As I said I need someone to tell me the whole process from start to finish how to make the freeze frame. Thanks for your interest.

Patrick Tracy February 28th, 2020 01:17 PM

I think you just select one point on the timeline, go to File > Export movie > Single frame, navigate to a folder and save it (as BMP or JPG). The I would try dragging it from the folder into a track. Most likely you can stretch it out to be as long as you need it.

I admit I'm guessing here because I use Vegas Pro, which works a bit differently. It has a button for capturing a frame to JPG.

Roy Alexander February 29th, 2020 04:38 AM

Hi. Patrick. I have sussed out how to make a freeze frame. It took opening another panel. Magix is an excellent programme when you know how to use it. Thanks for setting me off on the right path.

Roger Gunkel February 29th, 2020 11:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Roy,

Been away, so missed your post.

I find the easiest way to take a still from the timeline, is as follows:-

1) Cursor to the frame that you want to take.
2) Press Ctrl-Alt-J on the keyboard at the same time, to take a Jpeg still.
3) In the centre of the panel that comes up, you will see 'File name and storage location'. Click on the little yellow folder icon to select where you want to store the still.
4) When you click on the yellow folder icon, you will see a white panel come up with the storage options , just name the pic in the small blue box near the bottom

Hope that helps,

Roger

Roy Alexander March 2nd, 2020 06:47 AM

Thanks Roger. Your instructions to make a freeze frame was excellent, just the explanation I need. I made the still shot as you explained straight away with no problem.Have you any videos on You Tube, if so what name do I need to see them. I have 36 videos on You Tube, most of them competition winners. If you would like to see them log on to RoyfromDurham. Thanks again.