Best format to render for sharing - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old February 18th, 2020, 09:52 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: Best format to render for sharing

I believe web optimized is only important if you’re hosting on your own website, service like Youtube will stream regardless.

Btw a few months ago I uploaded a long video for a client on Dropbox. Client contacted me and said it stopped playing. Apparently there’s 15 minute preview limit . Imop Vimeo is the better solution while Dropbox strength is downloading.

Last edited by Pete Cofrancesco; February 18th, 2020 at 10:25 PM.
Pete Cofrancesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2020, 03:38 AM   #17
Trustee

Thanks.

I've gone with Google Drive as it has 15GB free as opposed to 2GB for Dropbox.

Re file conversion, I am now looking at paid download as my initial means of delivery, and need to explore the best format for this to be in. While the format I have on Google Drive is ok for viewing and review etc, I'm not sure it will be the best for download purchase. Any thoughts by anyone would be appreciated.

Renton
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2020, 02:46 PM   #18
Inner Circle

This is just a thought:

Paid download? How about one-time paid subscription? Here in the US Pacific Northwest I see younger folks, say, in their 30s, cheerfully forking over for one-time and recurring subscriptions, as well as pay-per-view.

I’m not involved in such currently, and I don’t know how that would or wouldn’t support your business model. I think Vimeo is now offering some PPV plans, where they provide the paywall.
Old February 21st, 2020, 11:40 PM   #19
Trustee

Thanks Seth

Well... I don't really have a 'business model'...I just have a product I want to get out in the market, and am wondering about ways to do this.

I've checked with an IT friend who does websites etc (did done one myself 20 years ago for another product) and have asked him about options.

Suitable domain names are available .net, .nz, .co.nz though I haven't moved on any of those yet.

But a product specific website is easy. It is the method of remuneration for delivery of the product that I'm inquiring about most at the moment. I don't really know all the options. It is straightforward with a physical product, ie DVD boxed set. Somewhat different with a digital download.

Renton
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...