DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   supplied CF codec not working (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/66496-supplied-cf-codec-not-working.html)

Fred Foronda May 2nd, 2006 03:38 PM

supplied CF codec not working

After I tried Connect HD trial verson it appears that the supplied Vegas Cineform codec does not work anymore. I tried uninstalling the expired trial version with no luck. How do I get back to work again?

Thanks

Sean Seah May 2nd, 2006 05:23 PM

Hey man, u r facing exactly the same problem as me! I cant seem to find the email address for cineform on their website as it is for customers only!

Arunas Jocius May 3rd, 2006 01:50 AM

Did you try to reinstall Vegas 6.0d?

Sean Seah May 3rd, 2006 09:53 AM

Yeah.. it didnt help. I will try uninstalling and then reinstalling. Maybe it will help.

Sean Seah May 3rd, 2006 10:45 AM

Someone from another forum mentioned our workflow is wrong. I was trying to render to avi 1080-50i from m2t. Does that work for u guys who do not have Connect HD?

Fred Foronda May 3rd, 2006 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arunas Jocius
Did you try to reinstall Vegas 6.0d?

At this point I think I need to reinstall Vegas 6. Will I affect any existing projects that I have in Vegas with the reinstall??

Arunas Jocius May 3rd, 2006 03:11 PM

Well, I an newbie to Vegas, but my understanding is that your projects are saved as *.veg files in the location you have selected while working on the projects.

John Rofrano May 3rd, 2006 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fred Foronda
Will I affect any existing projects that I have in Vegas with the reinstall??

Re-installing Vegas will not affect your existing projects. I would uninstall, reboot, then re-install. If that doesn’t work, I would contact Sony support via their 800 number because a re-install should bring the product back to the level it was originally at.

~jr

Sean Seah May 4th, 2006 10:34 AM

Fred, good news. I got my supplied CF working again after uninstalling Vegas and reinstalling it. Prior to that, I have uninstalled Connect HD Trial. My workflow is as below:
1. Capture to m2t via Vegas 6d internal codec
2. Open a new project file, properties to 1080-50i
3. Place the entire chunk on the timeline. (I'm in PAL land)
4. Render entire file to avi-1080-50i .
5. Re-import the avi to a new project with properties of 1080-50i
6. Editing as per DV style
7. Render as mov H264

Lookin good!! Oh but something strange is happening here, my preview isnt 16:9 now.. I think my setting were lost after uninstalling. Does anybody know what is the issue here? I checked the preview settings but there isnt anything there..

Fred Foronda May 4th, 2006 03:42 PM

Sean, John and everyone else thanks for the help. I'll try to reinstall Vegas again.

Fred Foronda May 20th, 2006 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean Seah
Oh but something strange is happening here, my preview isnt 16:9 now.. I think my setting were lost after uninstalling. Does anybody know what is the issue here? I checked the preview settings but there isnt anything there..

After my reinstall I noiticed my projects that I currently saved as a veg file looks smaller on the preview monitor/output monitor than before. Did you ever find a remedy Sean??

Sean Seah May 20th, 2006 08:11 PM

Nope.. Actually it fills up the preview screen now! If I work in PAL I see the 2 horizontal black bars. Anyway, after I render to mpeg and burn it on a DVD. IT looks fine to me.

Douglas Spotted Eagle May 20th, 2006 08:35 PM

I'm wondering how you're all setting up your projects? And if you have "Simulate Device Aspect Ratio" enabled?

Fred Foronda May 21st, 2006 12:32 PM

Douglas, I have tried both "simulate device aspect ratio"...I previwed my project onto external monitor (fx1 cam) and noticed it is not filling the entire screen like how it use to. Recently I just reinstalled Vegas and updated to 6D because my supplied cineform codec was not working after the Connect HD trial was over. I am wondering if it has to do with a setting in Vegas which I might have have to reset. If worst comes to worst I am gonna try to restore the computer back to the original date when I first installed Vegas 6. Any recommendation or solution would be appriceated greatly ....Mahalo

Fred Foronda May 21st, 2006 12:33 PM

I restored my system back to the original 6c with the expired connect hd trial version and now my previous projects are filling the screen properly but still my supplied cineform codec is not funtional. I'm afraid of uninstall and reinstall of Vegas cause of my projects are not filling up the output monitor proplerly. I'll pick up Connect HD someday. Anyone know whats going on??