DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Vegas,HDV and Core Duo laptops?? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/66965-vegas-hdv-core-duo-laptops.html)

Mike Moncrief May 9th, 2006 06:47 AM

Vegas,HDV and Core Duo laptops??

Hi,

Has anyone tried using any of the newer Core Duo laptops.. Using vegas, and editing with HDV?? What kind of performance are you seeing on the timeline?? Framerates of playback?? Any info on perfromance and your setup would be appreciated..

mike m,

Alex Thames May 9th, 2006 07:14 AM

I've tried it. It works fine for simpler editing. Somewhat faster than my non-duo laptop.

Justin Deming May 21st, 2006 10:11 AM

Hi, I don't have an HD camera quite yet, but I can say that Vegas 6.0d is running quite smoothly on my Dual core laptop.

I need more ram for it, because it only came with 512 MB, and even with that it's still performing well!

I would love to use a desktop system. Unfortunately I'm trapped in an Army base in Kuwait, and my desktop got blown up when an external Hard Drive was plugged into it. I tried to get it fixed here with no luck, so I got me a Dual Core 1.87 GHZ system.

Any way, I was expecting vegas to be sluggish, but it is running beutifully for the small projects I am working on.

Mike Sakovski May 30th, 2006 07:59 AM

I m using HP dv8000t (Code Duo 2.16MHz/2GB RAM/300GB 7200RPM Seagate ext HD) with Sony HC1. Havent done enuf editing to give any certain answer but from my prelim observations real-time playback of unconverted m2t files in Vegas 6a is pretty much no-go, only in the Draft(auto) mode and only for 1 video track w/o any effects /transitions etc. As far as i concern this workflow is no-go. Must try ConnectHD or that other SW that I've read about here, that creates proxy files, lets you work with SD like footage and then render it out in HD w/o quality loss. Realy hate to spend another 200$ on Cineform cuz im just a hobbist and not making any money off my eqipment

Douglas Spotted Eagle May 30th, 2006 08:30 AM

you can use GearShift for this, you can render your own proxies and manually replace the HD with the proxies and then back the other way, you can use the full version of Connect HD. All are viable. If time isn't a big consideration, I'd be looking at manual or GearShift replacement.

Mike Sakovski May 30th, 2006 10:06 AM

yes,

thats right, i meant your VASSAT Gear Shift tool. I will definitelly try it this week. It looks like a great option for relatively inexpensive HD workflow.
Douglas, actually i d like to take this oppoprtunity to thank you for all your help here in the forum. Besides, I been using your Vegas 5 book for god knows how long now, very helpful.

Sean Seah May 31st, 2006 05:13 AM

Yes. Gearshift is an affordable software that does the job well. Benn testing it out n I'm pretty happy to spend some $$ for it :) Kudos to Spot for helping out.. hope to see u again in Singapore soon!

Douglas Spotted Eagle May 31st, 2006 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean Seah
:) Kudos to Spot for helping out.. hope to see u again in Singapore soon!

howzabout mid-August for soon enough? I'll be in Singapore in August and in Australia in November. Looks like we'll be in London and Stockholm in October.

Oh yea, and the Vegas Certification tour over the summer.

Mike Moncrief May 31st, 2006 08:30 PM

Hi Spot,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douglas Spotted Eagle
howzabout mid-August for soon enough? I'll be in Singapore in August and in Australia in November. Looks like we'll be in London and Stockholm in October.

Oh yea, and the Vegas Certification tour over the summer.

Is there a schedule or anything up on the web yet of where and when for the vegas certification??

Thanks,
Mike Moncrief

Douglas Spotted Eagle June 1st, 2006 12:22 AM

Mike,
We'll be posting locations and dates in a couple days, and will start taking registrations soon. Thanks for the interest!