DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Problem with Flash/swf file (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/71414-problem-flash-swf-file.html)

David Bird July 13th, 2006 12:59 PM

Problem with Flash/swf file

Hi folks...
As is my habit, I've created an object effect in SwishMax, exported as an swf file, and "imported media" into Vegas. When I bring the clip to the timeline, I'm not seeing anything...zip...nada.

I've always used Swish so I can take advantage of the alpha channel in the swf file.

Suggestions anyone?

Thanks - David Bird

Edward Troxel July 13th, 2006 01:24 PM

Vegas is limited on it's flash support:

http://www.custcenter.com/cgi-bin/so...i=&p_topview=1

David Bird July 13th, 2006 01:36 PM

Edward,
Thanks for replying. I have had good success using swf files for alpha overlays. Just did one last week for a bank commercial. I suspect I'm overlooking something (as usual)
Regards - David

David Bird July 13th, 2006 01:38 PM

I looked at the link and text is supported from an swf file....however, I check my veg file for the commercial I did last week. The swf of an object (alpha and all) worked fine last week...when I looked at it today all I'm seeing is black...with very faint motion of a dot looking thing.

Any thoughts?

David

Ryan King July 16th, 2006 06:46 PM

Hi david,
I use swishmax to do all my text, I ussually just use the "export to AVI" function from swishmax instead of the .swf, works like a charm!

David Bird July 17th, 2006 08:50 AM

Ryan,
Swish doesn't support transparency in their avi file (at least I haven't figured it out) so I do everything as an swf. Works for me, so far.
David

Tim Painter July 17th, 2006 10:17 AM

I just ran into this recently -- I think the problem I had was resolved by going into the Export Options panel in Swishmax and there is an option somewhere to "offset to suit use for movie clip"

Hope this helps.

Ryan King July 18th, 2006 02:11 AM

David,
I only use swish to do my text, I ussualy use white text, (I can change the color with overlays in vegas) and I use a black background in swish, then just use the chromokeyer to get rid of the black background, works like a charm!
ofcourse this may not work for what you are trying to do. I have never imported swf files into vegas..sounds like a great idea though!
Sotrry I was'nt of any help.. -Ryan

David Bird July 18th, 2006 10:01 AM

Ryan,
I've alway found that the alpha is really clean when importing as an swf. I've never tried chroma keying an avi from swish. With the swf, it just eliminates a couple of steps by having the alpha and the text colors already in the file.
Regards - David

Ryan King July 20th, 2006 05:43 PM

I just exported a .swf file from swish last night.. its an animated thing from one of my flash templates Im using for a tv commercial. I can expot it as avi and .swf files perfectly, but when I import the .swf file, the sizes are all messed up, it displays the avi perectly, but I do notice that the .swf file looks alot better.. the avi is kinda pixelated.. any suggestions?

David Bird July 21st, 2006 06:21 AM

I assume you're working in dv, not hdv.....be sure and set swish movie size to 655x480 and set the frames/sec to 30.

When you import your swf "media" is going to resize to fill the frame to fit your Vegas timeline.

Also remember the "safe zone", so allow enough room, top/bottom, both sides so you don't lose the swish content when you import to Vegas.

Hope this helps...if not let me know.
David

Ryan King July 23rd, 2006 08:19 PM

I tried that, it seems that the background viewing area in swish changes. but how do I resize all the content to fit? the flash content just stays the same size..but the viewing area does'nt.. I never had that problem just using text becuase I did it after my commercial or video was finished and sized it fromt he gate.. but I now trying to use a flash animated website swish template and make a commercial out of it. Im also wondering how I can get my template to go from one scene to the next since vegas surely doesnt support the html file. it does go from start to end of the flash file when imported into vegas..but it happens in about 4 seconds..Im afraid time stretching it would cuase severe blur and other problems.

and BTW:: SWISH is a SECRET WEOPON..been using it for YEARS!!

Thanks David.

David Bird July 23rd, 2006 08:33 PM

Ryan
Use the Pan/Crop tool in Vegas to resize...

I understanding where you're going with this. I'd suggest you break up your scenes as separate swf files. Put them on your timeline in Vegas....if they're not appearing long enough, you can "copy" the last frame, save it as a jpeg, then bring it back into your media pool. Place the jpeg at the end of the timeline and stretch it as long as needed.....then transition to the next scene and repeat.

If you have other questions or problems, I'll try to respond but I'm having severe computer problems and until repairs are made I will only be able to view my email infrequently...

David

Ryan King July 23rd, 2006 09:32 PM

Thanks David, I got the size issue worked out.. I was using the pan/crop in vegas from the start..but the problem was, that swish was cropping the video outside the set viewing fields.. I dont know what I did to fix it..but it seems to be working now.. I dont know what I could do to only export one scene at a time except for deleteing every scene but one and saving to a new file for each scene but Im still faced with 2 problems..

1. the video is going through all the scenes when imported into vegas
on its own. (basicly, it should only goto next scene when a button is clicked on the template in internet explorer world)

I can take a snapshot as a jpeg..I though of that already, but the template is still making movements,,like background lighten effects, moving swirling backgrounds, ect.. so I need it to be video, not jpgs

2. it is not exporting all the images that go with the swf file. well...I guess it is becuase it views it fine in IE, but in vegas, it leaves out alot of images and animation.

David, you have been a big help and you sparked my mind to finaly start using flash animation in my video commercials. I am not new to flash or video, but I'm new to using them together (other than text from swish)
this commercial is for my own CD/DVD duplication company.. I think witht he template I choose..it will look really great if I can get the kinks worked out..

Thanks for your patience. -Ryan