DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Vegas 5.0b not capture HD 100A stuff (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/71494-vegas-5-0b-not-capture-hd-100a-stuff.html)

Ron German July 14th, 2006 04:23 PM

Vegas 5.0b not capture HD 100A stuff

Hi
I`ve just received and made the first recording with my HD 100A to test it, the set up being the way I received it (I`m in the beggining of the manual).
The camera seems to be recorded ok.

First difficulty:

My computer system with Vegas 5.0b (which has been working normally with a Sony 105 as a feeder) seems to have firstly recognized the device (HD100A camcorder), but when I try to capture the test images (720 30p), I get the message:
The Device “Microsoft AV/C tape Subunit Device” could not be opened.
Please make sure it is turned on and is not being used by another application or user.
And obviously are not able to capture HD 100A signal.

Well, as I linked the HD 100A with the computer the same way I linked the Sony 105 with a new cable, I can not figure out what I am missing as setting up the system.

If there is a Vegas 5 user that can help me, I appreciate.
Thank you for your attention.
Ron

Scott Casper July 14th, 2006 07:54 PM

Vegas 7

If you can wait until september I read Sony is coming out with Vegas 7. It should have all capabilities to work with all hd cams that are presently used including the Panasonic and JVC

Ron German July 15th, 2006 06:16 AM

Updating
Vegas 5.0b now can control the HD 100A, but only when the IEE 1394 switch in in DV mode. When the recorded images are in HDV (30p) or the switch is in HDV mode, the screen becomes black and the camcorder works by itself.
Please let me know how I can make this system work.
Best regards
Ron

Steve Mullen July 15th, 2006 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron German
Updating
Vegas 5.0b now can control the HD 100A, but only when the IEEE 1394 switch in in DV mode. When the recorded images are in HDV (30p) or the switch is in HDV mode, the screen becomes black and the camcorder works by itself.
Please let me know how I can make this system work.
Best regards
Ron

Buy ConnectHD from CineForm. I'm curious why you thought Vegas could do this?

Ron German July 15th, 2006 10:06 AM

Well Steve, because with Vegas 5.0b I can make a project (including 720 24p) and render it (not in 24p) in HDV, so it`s suppose to capture HDV from JVC.
Thank you
Ron

Dave Wallin July 15th, 2006 11:28 AM

Have you tried the latest version of Vegas? (6)

It captures HDV with no issues fromn the BR-HD50 but HDV output only allows (Or at least shows) for one format - 30p. No 24p option is available - so it will re-render everything to conform to 30p output. Also, and I am not sure about version 5, you need to select the internal HDV capture option for HDV. From what you are saying it sounds like you are trying to capture using the DV capture and not the HDV capture. By default when you want to capture you get the DV capture.

Ron German July 15th, 2006 11:38 AM

Ron German

Thank you Dave
What do you mean with "you need to select the internal HDV capture option for HDV"? From Vegas?
If so, please let me know how should I do this.
Best
Ron

Dave Wallin July 15th, 2006 12:55 PM

Note what I am about to say is for Vegas 6 - Vegas 5 might not be exactly the same.

Click on the capture video icon. A pop up window will come on. You have two options - one says "Use external video capture application (DV, Video for Windows, or third-party capture application)" and the other is "Use internal video capture application (HDV, SDI)".

By default the "external" application is the Vegas capture utility and it does not capture HDV. So you would need to check/select the "internal" application. This will capture from a BlackMagic card if you have one or via firewire from a HDV device.

That is all you need to do. But just so you know - if you wanted to use any "external" stuff you could go into the "Preferences" settings and select the "Video" tab. You will see a setting for "Use external video capture application" that you can assign any app you wanted to. By default is is "[INSTALL PATH]\Sony\Vegas 6.0\VidCap60.EXE" but you can change that to be SCLive (Does not do HDV) or CineForm's HDLink for example.

Ron German July 15th, 2006 01:00 PM

THANK YOU VEEEERY MUCH DAVE.
I will try it latter on.
Best wishes
Ron

Chris Hurd July 15th, 2006 01:34 PM

Moved to Vegas from HD100.

Edward Troxel July 15th, 2006 01:42 PM

Ron, capture of HDV was added to Vegas in version 6.0. Vegas 5.0d does NOT have a means of capturing HDV. Instead, you could try Cineform as suggested or some other means of capture or upgrade to Vegas 6.

Ron German July 15th, 2006 04:02 PM

Thank you Edward.
Maybe I`ll upgrade to Vegas 7 in September (?).
I`ll try Cineform as soon as possible.
Ron

David Mintzer July 17th, 2006 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Casper
If you can wait until september I read Sony is coming out with Vegas 7. It should have all capabilities to work with all hd cams that are presently used including the Panasonic and JVC

HOw do you know this----THe only people who know this are those who signed NDA's. Please, don't post this kind of information.

Brian Luce July 18th, 2006 04:35 AM

try that trial version from the cineform website. it's free for 15 days. it's nice and simple. it's standalone so a technical cement head such as myself has no trouble using it.

Dan Keaton July 19th, 2006 03:53 PM

Dear David,

Sony's customer service told me in April, on the first day of NAB, that Vegas 7.0 was coming out in October. I did not sign a non-disclosure agreement to obtain this information.