I want to speak in tongues at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old November 19th, 2003, 02:53 AM   #1
Regular Crew

I want to speak in tongues

I am so delighted I want to yowl and scream and speak in tongues. I want to share all my new found joy with all you nice people. Early this afternoon I received my new professional Panasonic PV-DV953 camcorder. It came in a box to the women's shoe store I manage. It took the box to the back and played with it all afternoon after I charged my battery. Then I took it home and played with it all evening. Holy smokes! Look at the time! I'm only posting now to share this with you all. So much stuff in the box! So much to go through in the manual. I am going to keep all of you nice people informed with my progress. This is truly a professional camcorder.
Fred Garhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2003, 03:19 AM   #2
Outer Circle

2 of my old girlfriends could "speak in tongues." Neither of them owned cams, though, let alone the fabulous Panasonic PV-DV953 3-chip hand-held (Heaven forbid). Nowadays, anyone can own this great cam, and many have taken the leap of faith. Just look at the good book---er, site, here: http://www.panasonic.com or the Canuck site: http://www.panasonic.ca
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2003, 04:32 AM   #3
Major Player

welcome to the 953 club
Old November 19th, 2003, 04:53 AM   #4
Inner Circle

a video camera in a shoe store...

sounds like a short film to me.. LOL

Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2003, 05:11 AM   #5
Outer Circle

Check out the other thread about the hard case from our Washington State member. I've seen Pelican cases before, but just the cheap stuff (real ugly, looked like tool cases). This one's a real beaut, though. (Sorry Fred. I couldn't help myself. It's a way past my bed time.) Enjoy your new cam!
Old November 19th, 2003, 05:57 AM   #6
Regular Crew

I had difficulty sleeping and thought I would pop in to see what is up. I think I will stay up, make myself a hot chocolate, do my exercises and go to work early. It has been busy at the store lately. I have a girlfriend and we are thinking of marriage sometime next summer or fall. The store has been in business for a long time and my uncle spends long hours there. So he keeps an eye open for any funny stuff. It sure has been cool here. I hope my new professional Panasonic PV-DV953 camcorder won't get frostbite. I look at that case. It is nice. I like my Lowepro case better because it is small and it is easy to carry it around with me where ever I go. Wish me luck in figuring this out. Frank, you are correct. I am twenty years old. My girlfriend is six months older than me. I was only joshin about talking in tongues. Everyone have a great day!
Old November 19th, 2003, 06:58 AM   #7
Trustee

And in Calgary no less. Snow shoes, feltpacks and cowboy boots. - 40 one minute and + 40 a few hours later.

Where did you buy the camera?
Bryan Beasleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2003, 10:40 PM   #8
New Boot

Congrats on the cam!

I'm a new 953 owner as well, and have had mine in my hands for a little over a week now. This thing amazes me everytime I use it -- I still can't get over the vibrant colors and sharpness of the footage!

I hope to be shooting an R/C Oval race this weekend (rained out last Saturday). The brightly colored bodies on the cars should be a great test for the 953's color abilities. I'm also wondering how it will handle the speed of the cars. I'll post some footage if all goes well.

Enjoy your 953 -- I'm sure enjoying mine! :)
Brian Sumpter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2003, 03:42 AM   #9
Regular Crew

When I flick the tape lever of my PV-DV953, I hear some noises. It does take a little time for it to pop open. Is this normal?. Thanks. Bryan, I bought it from B+H because I read it is a good place to by camcorders and camcorder stuff.
Old November 20th, 2003, 04:11 AM   #10
Outer Circle

Quote:
I'm also wondering how it will handle the speed of the cars.
Just set your shutter speed higher---at least double it from 1/60th.

Fred, that's normal.
Old November 24th, 2003, 02:00 AM   #11
Regular Crew

Holy smokes! I just finished familiarizing myself with the non-black professional Panasonic PV-DV953 3 CCD camcorder. Here are my conclusions.

(1) The non-black professional Panasonic PV-DV953 is extremely easy to operate. All you have to do is clip in a charged battery, flip open the LCD screen, turn the dial in the correct position, point, and press the record button. Yes, it is that easy.

(2) If you want to stop recording with the professional Panasonic PV-DV953, you press the record button again, turn the dial to the off position, snap the LCD closed, and remove the battery.

(3) If you want to shoot again, repeat number (1) and so forth.

I do believe I am now a professional film maker with a professional camcorder. I hope these instructions help those who do not know about camcorders like me. Have a great evening!
Old November 24th, 2003, 03:56 AM   #12
Outer Circle

Wow! That's brilliant. Yes, you are now well on your way to being a "film-maker." However, what about learning how to use your cam's other, 101 features? Like those manual controls. Them's always a bugger. :-)
Old November 24th, 2003, 08:40 AM   #13
Trustee

I'm sorry. Something about this thread is really humorous--I can't help but laugh. Am I the only one? :- )))
Dave Largent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2003, 07:17 PM   #14
Regular Crew

Film making is a serious business and it may be humorous or sad. Film making is not just a skill but an art. That is why I was smart to buy a professional Panasonic PV-DV953 camcorder. You do not need to go to film school to become a film maker. You just need to buy a professional camcorder preferably a black one and study the manual like I did. It is not that difficult. It only took me one weekend to learn how to use it professionally. I understand my silver PV-DV953 can do many things like making pictures but why would you want to use the manual mode when it is an automatic camcorder? You do not try to drive a car in with manual if the gears are automatic! Why then use an automatic professional camcorder in manual? This makes sense. Why would you want to transfer your film making video to film when you can watch it on television? This also makes sense.
Old November 24th, 2003, 07:43 PM   #15
Trustee

Fred, you're jokng. Right? Right?
Dave Largent is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant