GS100k Video Modes Question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old November 25th, 2003, 07:39 PM   #1
Regular Crew

GS100k Video Modes Question

Okay, so I am the proud owner of a GS 100K camcorder, and I'm slowly trying to figure out how to use it. I have the translated Japanese instructions and a copy of the PVDV-953's English instructions to use as a reference. There are still lots of things I don't understand about the camera, but one of the things I would really like to get a grip on are the different video modes.

The camera can shoot at two different aspect ratios, and has several modes that affect the look of video. There is a cinema mode and something called pro cinema mode. There is progressive video which I understand is better if you are shooting for the web, but disables many other features if you use it. You can also shoot in a special low light mode where the image is somewhat jerky. I was wondering if any of you pros on this forum would mind explaining exactly what the difference and advantages of each of these modes are exactly. It would be much appreciated.
Jamie Patterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2003, 03:10 AM   #2
Outer Circle

Jamie, keep studying the the MX5 or DV953 manual. For "normal" video, just use the default (4:3/interlaced), and once you get more familar with the cam, experiment a little.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant