4:4:4 10bit single CMOS HD project - Page 38 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Closed Thread

Old July 6th, 2004, 12:36 PM   #556
Trustee

LOL I don't think that will do much good UNLESS you grab a pic with you in the forground and the image in the background so I can see how BiG that screen is!! LOL

I wana get the MOVIE THEATER feel from your 80inch screen!

;)

man i am using an HD camera with nothing to display it on..weird huh?

FTP upload failed the first go around...doing it again..this WM9 file is huge 180megs...I don't nkow why
Old July 6th, 2004, 12:55 PM   #557
Silicon Imaging, Inc.

Obin,
You could get a 1280x1024 projector for a reasonable price and hook it to your computer monitor output. I watch all my movies at home on a low end (800x600) projector connected to my DVD player on a 8' screen. Once you get used to that, 35" TVs seem like portables.

There is a Sanyo with a 1280x720 native resolution PLV-Z2 with a street price under $2K. Ebay has Dialite screens (8ft) for around $250 delivered. So, get a couple of theatre seats and start screening your work the way it was meant to be seen.
Old July 6th, 2004, 01:14 PM   #558
Trustee

I am drooling at the mouth ;) this footage must look so much better then standard HDTV mpeg2 streams - I think I will take a PC with some footage over to the home theater store and take alook at it!
Old July 6th, 2004, 01:30 PM   #559
Silicon Imaging, Inc.

Commercial opportunity there for the whole group - do a private in-store infomercial for a high end audio/video store in HD format and playable on a PC on their high end video systems - something that shows off the resolution, their knowledge, quality of the image.

All you need is a PC with a DVI monitor output....

That reminds me of the TV commercials in the 60s and 70s that would try to make you want a new color set by showing you an image of the new set with an oversaturated image - shown on your old set. Somehow it did look better than what you thought you were seeing.....
Old July 6th, 2004, 02:10 PM   #560
Trustee

Quote:
guys what NLE software is 10bit?
Final Cut Pro.

BTW, Obin I'm having problems working with your 10-bit Sheer video stuff because I don't have a 10-bit Sheer codec to work with in Quicktime! I think that codec is in beta right now, so I can't download it. Unless the Sheer team will give me the codec to work with, I can't do any 10-bit stuff in SheerVideo. When I do get a 10-bit codec, you'll be able to edit Sheer stuff no problem, although effects won't be real-time.
Old July 6th, 2004, 02:45 PM   #561
Trustee

Jason join the beta team and download it FREE

http://www.bitjazz.com/sheervideo/beta_m.shtml
Old July 6th, 2004, 02:48 PM   #562
Trustee

Good idea Steve I will forward that to the rest of the team hear as a production idea
Old July 6th, 2004, 03:16 PM   #563
Major Player

Obin, You have a JVC HD10 you can shoot with, right ? I'd love to see a side by side of the two framed about the same on the same subject..... it would be interesting to see how the 1.1 megapixel JVC compressed to 19 megabit looks next to your new camera.
Heck, you can even load the footage into Vegas and do a wipe between the two . An acid test.

-Les

<<<-- Originally posted by Obin Olson : I am drooling at the mouth ;) this footage must look so much better then standard HDTV mpeg2 streams - I think I will take a PC with some footage over to the home theater store and take alook at it! -->>>
Old July 6th, 2004, 03:19 PM   #564
Major Player

That's easy.... get the T2 extreme DVD, and play the 6.6 megabit media 9 movie . It looks great!
Or the 'Step into liquid' media9 HD movie, at 8 megabit.
They both look very good. All DVD's should be that way. Screw mpeg2, it's so 80's .

-Les

<<<-- Originally posted by Steve Nordhauser : Commercial opportunity there for the whole group - do a private in-store infomercial for a high end audio/video store in HD format and playable on a PC on their high end video systems - something that shows off the resolution, their knowledge, quality of the image.

All you need is a PC with a DVI monitor output....

That reminds me of the TV commercials in the 60s and 70s that would try to make you want a new color set by showing you an image of the new set with an oversaturated image - shown on your old set. Somehow it did look better than what you thought you were seeing..... -->>>
Old July 6th, 2004, 09:44 PM   #565
Major Player

dlp projector

this is a link to a native 16:9 dlp projector it,s brand new
and it,s claimed to put out 85% of the picture of a1280 x720 projector priced below 1,500.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/attac...733&fullpage=1
Old July 7th, 2004, 03:05 AM   #566
New Boot

I must be loosing my marbles. It seems like there is an entire chunk of conversation missing. Obin, did you try to upload it. I seem to recall you posting a link to the WMV file and I seem to recall saying I couldn't use the link....
but now all that is gone. Maybe it's my computer messing things up, but I keep refreshing the page and all those posts are still gone.
Am I loosing it?
By the way, I have the Sanyo PLV-Z2 projector that Steve mentioned. It's great.
Old July 7th, 2004, 03:29 AM   #567
RED Code Chef

Matthew: you are not loosing it. The posts are indeed gone. I
tried to fix the URL but was unsuccesful. Obin indicated he would
check it out and re-post the URL when it worked. So we are just
waiting for that to happen... I was trying to save some space in
this already long thread. Sorry about the confusion. No need to
reply to this post of mine though!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old July 7th, 2004, 07:40 AM   #568
Major Player

Software update

Hi all ... a brief software update. Not a lot of progress (I only had a few hours last night), but I did get my new lens and managed to get a clear image. Check out the blog for details.
Old July 7th, 2004, 07:45 AM   #569
Trustee

Rob if you use Xcap and make an FMt file you can use that with your software
Old July 7th, 2004, 08:06 AM   #570
Major Player

Quote:
Obin Olson wrote:
Rob if you use Xcap and make an FMt file you can use that with your software
I tried that, but XCAP told me that the "Lite" version wouldn't allow it. Maybe I missed something -- I'll try again.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods