Advice on HD-251e basic setup - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old December 4th, 2006, 09:06 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Mors
Hi Marc,

I saw the Tripod pic - now your HD250 is only sitting on one of the two locks.

How stable is the complete setup on the tripod ?

I thought its a great improvement that JVC formed the HD200/250 that way that its sitting on the tripod plate with it´s front and back "foot".

With the compendium you seem to loose that option...

?

uli
Hi Uli,

It's a little less stable without the "foot". but not a big problem. I'm going to find out if somebody (maybe Vocas or JVC) can make a little bus between the plate and the HD. I do have a extra level bubble on top of the HD. I think there's no other solution when using a matte box... or is there?
Marc Jayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2006, 09:15 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werner Wesp
Nice setup...

The IDX solution works really well, but you might want to consider endura 7 batteries instead of endura 7s batteries, so you can attach them to one another if you need some more autonomy.

Further, I'd recommend to take a look at some other lenses. Perhaps the 17x5? If you buy you might get a decent price for the package, whereas when you change your mind later and want to buy the 17x (or another) anyway, it might be somewhat more expensive...

The Camrade bags are also very good, but you might want to try them for a nice fit first. I bought mine in a big store in Belgium and they allowed me to test various bags for a perfect fit first - that way I walked out with another bag then I intended first on the specs of the manufacturer.

Ah, by the way, I'm still having a Rycote Softie lying around here (it's not on the pictures of my website, as I use a Reinhardt now), if you would want that one, you might save yourself some euro's as wel...
Uhhhh... did you read the entire post and see the pictures? I already have the complete set.

I'm getting my new CamRade bag tomorrow, because the HD-100 version isn't the right size. They made a new one for the HD-200/250.

I mainly use this lens for interviews, all other project are going to be shot with a MINI35 with Cooke or Zeiss lenses and NO I don't own a MINI35 (I wish I did) (still have to test it with the HD-251).
Old December 5th, 2006, 05:09 AM   #18
Major Player

Sorry, I was a little distracted (damn those pretty women...). I realised as I posted it. Sorry again.

The only thing you might be missing in this rig is a steadicam/glidecam/motioncam/..., perhaps?
Old January 21st, 2007, 05:46 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Jayson
Hi Uli,

It's a little less stable without the "foot". but not a big problem. I'm going to find out if somebody (maybe Vocas or JVC) can make a little bus between the plate and the HD. I do have a extra level bubble on top of the HD. I think there's no other solution when using a matte box... or is there?
I got my HD back from Vocas and they fixed the problem! I'll post a picture tomorrow!
Old January 22nd, 2007, 03:14 AM   #20
Regular Crew

New MB support Vocas, pictures.

The pictures can be found here.
Klick on the thumbs for a larger picture.
Old January 22nd, 2007, 09:58 AM   #21
Major Player

Hey, that looks far better!

:-)

BTW: I see thats a Vinten Tripod (Pro 10...)

How smooth is PAN/TILT with the cam and this tripod - especially on extreme tele settings?

ULi
Uli Mors is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems