UK Insurance at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old September 26th, 2007, 02:59 AM   #1
Regular Crew

UK Insurance

Just thought it interesting to start a thread on which UK insurance companies everyone is using..

Also interested to know if people are going for indemnity insurance, I personally am relying on an indemnity liability limit that I have written into my contract. It limits me to returning the cost of the package they have purchased.

From looking into it, in the UK we are not actually required by law to have insurance when filming, although I dont think I could live with working without knowing if someone trashes a cam by knocking it over I was not covered...

I know things are a lot more relaxed in the UK than the states, sometimes for the good, sometimes for the bad.....
Vince Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2007, 06:19 AM   #2
New Boot

Hi Vince,

We went with Aaduki Multimedia insurance. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance. http://www.aaduki.com

Personally, I went with the professional indemnity insurance just in case my terms and conditions don't stand up to a legal test (hopefully will never come to that!). My terms and conditions are the same as yours, i.e. it limits our liability to the amount paid but it is reassuring to know you have insurance in place should someone take a dislike to your work. You would always hope you could resolve matters amicably though! No problems to date, thankfully.

Dean.

Dean Fairburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2008, 09:37 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Vince

I approached : http://www.towergatecamerasure.co.uk/default.aspx

Found them to be informed, polite and helpful

Regards

Niall
Niall Chadwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2008, 09:54 AM   #4
Major Player

I use Aon.

Look at their "Business Focus" package. Costs me about £500 a year.
Old July 22nd, 2008, 01:59 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I went with Aaduki aswell, didnt get the indemnity cover hopefully I wont need it, Ive found them to be very helpful and thorough

Russ
Russell Pearce is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques