New Aspect HD 4.0.3 now in LIMITED beta. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old April 21st, 2006, 10:00 PM   #1
CTO, CineForm Inc.

New Aspect HD 4.0.3 now in LIMITED beta.

Hello Everyone,

Although there have been a lot of distrations with CineForm RAW and the new SI1920 camera, we haven't forgotten about our Aspect HD users. We have uploaded a new version for a public beta, and it can be used by anyone with an existing Aspect HD license. HOWEVER, we are calling this a beta for good reasons, a lot of the underlying code base has changed to support new features planned for the future. There aren't huge array of additions in 4.0.3, but there are a few of note. For 1080i/p users with fast PC and HD output cards, you can turn off the preview mode (just as you could in 720p.) There are quality improvements to audio conversion, which improves the quiet patches in some HDV sources. There are many little fixes particularly aimed at better PPro 2.0 integration. If you want to give 4.0.3 a try, please do, but have your trusty 4.0.2 ready as back up. We normally wouldn't be putting such a strong warning on a beta, it just that next week is NAB, so we acknowledge that the NAB distraction will slow our responses for beta related questions. Larger companies would normally delay such a release, we think it is more fun to get you new stuff as soon as we can.

Download from here : http://www.cineform.com/downloads/AspectHD403beta55.zip
Old April 26th, 2006, 09:11 AM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Now this has been out for few days, are there any report on features we might have broken? I was pleased to run into a couple of Aspect HD customers at NAB who had already started using this build. We will likely make this release official next week sometime.
Old April 26th, 2006, 01:02 PM   #3
Major Player

David,

I have not done the update since I am runing both PP1.5.1 and PP2.0 in the same machine and I cannot imagine myself going through the Cineform published procedure to have them both working simultaneously: so many unistallation and reinstallation...!

Is there a simpler workflow to do it without the need to uninstall the Premieres?

Thanks,

Luis
Luis Otero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2006, 09:23 AM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

You never need to reinstall your Premiere's. Just install the update, which will go into 2.0, then copy the CineForm plugins folder from 2.0 to 1.5. It only takes a minute.
Old April 27th, 2006, 02:00 PM   #5
Major Player

This is Graet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman
You never need to reinstall your Premiere's. Just install the update, which will go into 2.0, then copy the CineForm plugins folder from 2.0 to 1.5. It only takes a minute.
Great! I have a suggestion: the paper you have pulished in you website named "How can I use Aspect HD 4.0 with both Premiere Por 1.5.1 and 2.0?" should be ammended to include the one minute procedure you are referring to (which by the way I do not know it). The paper's procedure is very labor intensive, requiring all kind of deinstallation-reinstallations. If there is a simple way to do this, it should be described as well.

Thanks for your help, and waiting to get the one minute procedure,

Luis
Old April 27th, 2006, 02:30 PM   #6
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Those instructions are going to work in all cases, and this will reduce follow-up support issues, that is why the complete instructions are in the knowledge base. The way I describe uses step 9 only. The down side is the presets to 1.5.1 will not be updated, the impact is minor and will not affect an experienced Premiere user.
Old April 27th, 2006, 03:37 PM   #7
Major Player

Got it!

Thanks,

Luis
Old May 4th, 2006, 04:46 PM   #8
Regular Crew

High HD Optimized

David
what is the basis of this setting as compared to the High HD encode quality setting?

The beta version seems to work okay ... I have had to reload it twice ... first time it loaded without the CCA filters intact ... second time it loaded without the .AVI export properly working ... now is okay and working well

cheers
Pete
Peter Dolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2006, 02:21 PM   #9
New Boot

Problem with 4.0.3 beta

Recording 24p footage, every clip loses its timecode. While capturing, the window shows the same timecode as the deck, however, when you check the clips in the project window, everyone of them starts at 00:00:00.

Even clips previously recorded with earlier versions of AspectHD that had their timecode now loose it when captured with the new version.

This happens both in Premiere and HDlink.

I switched back to version 4.0.2 and the timecode started working again. It's still doen't batch, but at least I have the timecode needed for my EDL's.
Dwayne Dupre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2006, 06:46 PM   #10
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Dwayne,

Please file a trouble ticket as 4.03 is no longer in beta.
Old May 14th, 2006, 01:16 PM   #11
New Boot

Ticket

ticket #611-2181041 submitted 04/09/06. Still has not been resolved.

BTW figured out why batching doesn't work in 24p. Cineform is capturing at 30fps instead of 24p. A 17 minute capture will actually be 21 minutes long after capture. At the 17 minute out point, the capture duration only reads 14.5 minutes instead of 17 and continues until it sees what it believes to be 17 minutes but is really about 21 minutes.
Dwayne Dupre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2006, 09:08 PM   #12
Major Player

David,

I see there are other people having similar frame rate problems with this version. My ticket # is: 611-2333764, opened on 5/7/06.

Thanks for your help,

Luis
Old May 14th, 2006, 09:42 PM   #13
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Not related I expect. Please, let the support team to their job. I'm not in support so I don't have ticket number access, so I doesn't help.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase