Aspect HD 4.03 (Build 55) Frame rate Problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old May 7th, 2006, 07:47 PM   #1
Major Player

Aspect HD 4.03 (Build 55) Frame rate Problem

David,

Since I installed the Build 55 of Aspect HD I am experiencing a problem I never have seen before: when I am converting m2t 30P material to CFHD avi files, it is automatically converted to 24P, and creating a sync problem between audio and image. Any similar issues reported along this lines? The properties of the file shows: 1280X 720, Audio Bit Rate of 1536 kbps, 16 bit (PCM), and the video is 24 fps, 24 bit CineForm Codec.

Thanks for your prompt response!

Luis Otero
Luis Otero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2006, 08:50 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

I just converted a 720p30 clip from an old JVC HD10, worked perfectly. Sure you don't have pulldown extraction selected?
Old May 8th, 2006, 04:28 AM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman
I just converted a 720p30 clip from an old JVC HD10, worked perfectly. Sure you don't have pulldown extraction selected?
David,

In fact, the file was from my old HD10, too. Where is the pulldown selection mode within HDLink (Build 55)? Aside from "Remove Sony Cineframe 24 pulldown..." in the preferences area, I do not see any other pulldown option for 30p material? Please iluminate me!

Tx,
Luis Otero
Old May 8th, 2006, 09:59 AM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

That Sony option is the pulldown extraction. The properties information look old as Aspect HD doesn't report audio as 1536 kbps. Where are you seeing that?
Old May 8th, 2006, 11:08 AM   #5
Major Player

David,

That information is displayed under the properties of the avi file product of the CineForm conversion of the m2t file using the HDLink (build 55). I hope this helps to pin-point the problem...

Thanks,
Luis
Old May 8th, 2006, 12:53 PM   #6
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Well it doesn't sound like you are using the Aspect HD importer, as those audio numbers are not reported by AHD. Nor are they reported by Premiere's native importer. Have you installed some Matrox or other third party components? I have pretty much confirmed this is not an Aspect HD 4.03 issue, so please work though the ticket system to get this resolved (it is getting out of my scope.) Jake has received your ticket and it looking into it.
Old May 8th, 2006, 03:18 PM   #7
Major Player

David,

No problem, I will work with issue though the ticket, but what is being done is just a simple conversion through the HDLink 4.03. So I cannot understand your statement of "Well it doesn't sound like you are using the Aspect HD importer...". Also, no, I am not using Matrox anymore; as a matter of fact I deinstalled it before upgraded to PP 2.0 since all issues of compatibility I had before. But in between the deinstallation of Matrox and the upgrade to 4.03 I had used the previous version of HDLink without exhibiting this problem.

Thanks,

Luis
Old May 10th, 2006, 09:43 PM   #8
Major Player

Also, CFHD avi rendered at 16 bit, not 24 bit!

David,

The CineForm team has been communicating with me using the ticket, so I really feel very well taken care of. Thanks.

However, another issue I just noticed: using the regular method I have alway used to produce CFHD avi is rendering me 16 bit video files, not 24...

I confirmed that the clips used are 24 bit, 23 fps, but again, the resulting avi is 16 bit.

Maybe this can provide you more clues (hopefully not more troubles) to pin-point the problem.

Thanks,

Luis
Old May 10th, 2006, 09:54 PM   #9
CTO, CineForm Inc.

That bit-depth field is meaningless for compressed data. some apps put it 16 others 24 for the same image data. There is nothing to worry about.
Old May 10th, 2006, 10:01 PM   #10
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman
That bit-depth field is meaningless for compressed data. some apps put it 16 others 24 for the same image data.
David,

When I was trying few weeks ago the ProspectHD, the reported bit-depth was 30, which you confirmed me that it was because of the use of Prospect (10 bit/color). How come I cannot trust anymore the reported information in the properties? Always they have been right!

All clips acquired from the HD100 clearly depict a 24 bit-depth, but the resulting final edited file in this case was 16 bit. If there is another way to 100% verify the bit-depth, aside from the properties, could you tell me how, please? This is getting to be really disturbing for me!

Thanks,
Luis
Old May 10th, 2006, 11:04 PM   #11
CTO, CineForm Inc.

If you using Aspect HD you have 8-bit per channel. If you are use Prospect HD you have 10-bit per channel. Sometimes that field can be wrong or different, but it has no bearing on the data within, and the bit-depth field is not use for any purpose. There is nothing wrong, so nothing to fix.
Old May 11th, 2006, 11:47 AM   #12
Major Player

David,

You are the expert, so I will believe it 100%. However, is there any alternate way to know 100% the real bit-depth?

Thaks!
Luis
Old May 11th, 2006, 12:03 PM   #13
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Unfortunately not. The compressed CFHD data to the AVI looks the same to the outside AVI wrapper, whether it is 8 or 10-bits per channel.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase