Eartec expansion kit question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old September 20th, 2006, 05:07 PM   #1
Trustee

Eartec expansion kit question

I bought the Eartec Videographers Special kit last month and used it for a shoot and found it to suit my needs admirably, especially for the price. I am about to buy the expansion pack (a couple of extra headset/reciever units to accomodate an expanded crew for a shoot in a few weeks.

On the B&H site, the kit is listed as what looks like 2 identical kits with the same specs and price, but with slightly different id numbers.

Can anyone tell me if there is actually any difference between these two kits?

Kit One: TD902
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search

Kit Two: TD902R
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search

I am almost suspecting that one kit includes 1 master transiever and 1 remote transcvier, while the other kit only includes 2 remote transievers (since my original kit alread includes a master)...am I right?

Should I be looking at the R kit since I am only looking to expand the kit I alread have? I am planning on purchasing in the next day or two, so any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
-Jon
Old September 20th, 2006, 05:10 PM   #2
Trustee

wow, I wonder how many ways I can misspell transceiver.
-J.
Old September 21st, 2006, 01:41 AM   #3
Trustee

I just realized this was posted in the wrong forum...I don't even know how that happened since I don't think I even had the Mac forum opened in any of my multiple active windows at the time. I thought I was posting this to the DV Open Discussion thread.

Any chance a moderator can help me get this moved? I don't want to double-post and get scolded.

Many thanks.
-J.
Old September 21st, 2006, 09:45 AM   #4
Wrangler

As you wish... now in Open DV Discussion.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2006, 11:56 AM   #5
Trustee

Thanks Greg.
-J.
Old September 24th, 2006, 04:27 PM   #6
Inner Circle

You never have enough of these. I was just asked to bring two slave units to a location (from my set of master + 3). It might be a good idea to buy a whole second set - sooner or later you will need two masters... just my opinion.
Old September 24th, 2006, 05:03 PM   #7
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervin Farkas
You never have enough of these. I was just asked to bring two slave units to a location (from my set of master + 3). It might be a good idea to buy a whole second set - sooner or later you will need two masters... just my opinion.
Thanks for the info Ervin. Just curious though. What would be the benefit of having two masters? Is it for the purpose of having a non-competing 2nd set in operation indepedent of the first master / remotes?...or would they all still be interoperable?
-Jon
Old September 25th, 2006, 04:14 AM   #8
Inner Circle

Well, all we used this time was two additional slaves, but theoretically if you set both masters on the same frequency and use them one at a time, they should work together. I'm not sure though... I should test before giving an answer.
Old May 16th, 2007, 06:42 AM   #9
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervin Farkas View Post
Well, all we used this time was two additional slaves, but theoretically if you set both masters on the same frequency and use them one at a time, they should work together. I'm not sure though... I should test before giving an answer.
Ervin,

Did you test this? My partner and I are thinking about each buying a master/client setup to use when we've got separate gigs but are wondering if we will have 3 (master + 2 clients) or 4 (dual masters + dual clients) when we're working together on larger projects.

Eartec claims that we'd only have the use of three in this scenario unless we buy another client. Any testing?

Thanks,
K
Kevin Kimmell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion