Projector at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old May 13th, 2007, 05:51 PM   #1
Major Player

Projector

Looking for a projector to use with xbox 360, dvd player, computer, live VJ gigs, mobile film shows, art installations, etc etc

Must be portable, at least XGA, have good connectivity, and somewhat bright.

anyone here have any experiences or suggestions?

price range is under 1300

(feel free to move this to a better forum if there is a better category)

thanks
Riley Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2007, 09:02 PM   #2
New Boot

Hey there Riley,
I just recently finished my theater room. It's not super big - 10' x 16' with a 7.1 surround and a projector. I painted the screen on the wall and it's 105"x59" - about 120" diagonal. My brother's is way bigger but I'm really happy with how mine turned out.

I went to www.projectorpeople.com to get my projector. It's a Sanyo PLV-Z5. It was listed for $1500.00 but they had a $200 rebate and a $100 or camera deal. So I got $300 off. Of course I'm still waiting for the rebate to get here.

But it was well worth it. The picture is awesome. I have it hooked up to my TVo, DVD, and X-Box 360. It has hook ups for Component, S-Video, HDMI, VGA, and I think something else but I can't remember.

I just bought it online from their site and was really happy with the service. I talked to a guy named Eric Breslin, here's his info if you want it.

Eric J Breslin
Projector People
eric@projectorpeople.com
Ph: (800) 639-3010 ex. 2038
Fax: (813) 261-1512

If you happen to talk to him and it's not too much trouble maybe you could mention my name, they have a referral program for customers. If not no big, I would still look at them. I looked around a lot and heard quite a bit about Panasonics and others but my PLV-Z5 is awesome.

Gears of War, Lost Planet, Dead or Alive 4, Burnout Revenge, are all incredible on the big screen through the PLV-Z5. Can't wait for Halo 3.

Anyway, hope you get something that works out.

Les
Les Wynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2007, 05:28 PM   #3
Major Player

it seems as thought most home theatre projectors dont put out that much light, i think i need to look at data projectors, like maybe a dell
Riley Harmon is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion