My First Work at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old July 11th, 2007, 12:28 PM   #1
Major Player

My First Work

Here is my first piece of work with HD. Lots of things to learn....but its coming along.

http://www.storn.com/splitting/TEX/v...iaLakes123.mov

Right click and save as.

Thanks for watching
John Cash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2007, 02:40 PM   #2
Inner Circle

John:

Very nice shots and feel to that piece !!
Old July 11th, 2007, 09:28 PM   #3
Major Player

Cool footage. It looks like a lot of work for one run.
Old July 11th, 2007, 10:52 PM   #4
Major Player

joey, Im just too cheap to buy a lift ticket. Love your website. Good Vids there. I have one of the Sony water housings also. Just took it out in 3-4 ft surf and it works great
Old July 12th, 2007, 03:19 AM   #5
Regular Crew

what cam

what cam john,if the v1 was it p or i.cheers chris
Chris Hull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2007, 07:07 AM   #6
Major Player

Chris,it was all shot with the V1. These shot are from the first time I used this or any other pro model camera. Lots of over exposed shots and things that I have done my best at color correcting and such. shooting on snow on a sunny day was tough but I think next season should be great.

It was shot at 1080 60 i but everything was de-interlaced in FCP
Old July 12th, 2007, 07:20 AM   #7
Inner Circle

Very nice job, John!
Old July 12th, 2007, 09:25 AM   #8
Major Player

Thanks,

Hey John do you have any footage posted anywhere with the 3-4 surf yet? I have a friend from out of town coming next Tuesday and he wants to go to the beach. I was hoping to try it in some 3-4 surf myself. I have taken it down to 8ft in a pool. I also just bought a WA and modified a sled to make it fit in there so I can't wait to test it out.
Old July 12th, 2007, 09:37 AM   #9
Major Player

I dont have any footage to post..the first time out it was wind chop and breaking really close together. It was a beachbreak so I could only get a shot of people paddleing and standing. When I moved inside and tried to shoot "down the line" I would be blocked from the rider by a wave between me and him. I think it will work excellent on a day with a longer period between swells or at a reef or point break.
My filming was cut short after 10 minutes when I realized I didnt coat the inside lens with anti-fog. It fogged up so bad you couldnt see out.
So..dont worry about the waves ,the housing works fine. Just remember to coat the inside with antifog and put a pack of dessicant inside .
Another tip I was given by a regular water filmer was put a tampon inside just in case of a small leak. The tampon will absorb a lot of water

Good Luck,you will really like the footage

And Thanks also Chris and Chris and Piotr. (by the way Piotr,you work with the Merlin ,the martial arts film, helped me make the decision to keep mine)

Last edited by John Cash; July 12th, 2007 at 02:36 PM.
Old October 24th, 2007, 09:02 AM   #10
Major Player

What is the cheapest water housing I can get for the V1U? I want to shoot surfing and some under water shots. Not more than 15 feet under.
Ron Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2007, 03:49 AM   #11
Trustee

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...cal_Video.html

You might want to check with Epic to make absolutely sure this is the right size for the V1. They said to try the Epic HD, but the V1 is not as big as the FX1. The V1, being more like the PD150 may be better in a smaller housing than one for the FX1. Larger housings need more weight to offset their buoyancy so it is best to have the smallest model possible.
Marcus Marchesseault is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7