Videographers needed all over the U.S. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old October 4th, 2004, 06:33 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Videographers needed all over the U.S.

I recntly discovered a company who is recruiting videographers all over the US to do real estate video tours. If this of interest to you you can sign up at this URL....

www.yourgoldenopportunity.net

Why such a name Im not sure. It may sound like spam but its not. When you fill out the questionaire on the site you will get a reply from Skye Donaldson. She is starting this company based in Indiana and I think it has awsome potential. When you hear from Skye you will send her the zip codes of the areas you want to work. It is that simple. If you dont want to travel much its up to you.

If you have any questions shoot me an email at doug@wolfhillproductions.com. If you sign up, tell her I referred you. I dont get anything from that, I just want to help get this going and Im curious how many people are reading my posts.

Here is her description to me from her first email......

I started shooting narrated video tours earlier this year and found myself swamped with work. Then a major real estate company approached us to work exclusively with them. So, I'm putting together a team of photographers, soon to be 6,000 strong, around the globe.

The system is fairly simple... The Realtor signs onto our site, requests a video and is forwarded to the photographer nearest the location they'd like taped. The photographer contacts the Realtor and sets a date. If you can't shoot it within the 48 hour time frame...let the Realtor know in advance and I'm sure they'll be okay with that.

The photographer is responsible for contacting the Realtor then shooting and editing the video. When complete they FTP the file to our administrator. Videos should be 3 minutes and under. Usually a wide shot with the Realtor in front of the house, dissolve as you go into the home, dissolve on any staircase and dissolve again when you go to a wide shot of the backyard. Of course, use a wide angle lens.

So, what's the pay right? Well, I'll just say we're the "McDonald's" of video production. We charge a low $180 per shoot. $100 of that is the photographers. Don't worry, we receive a lot of work. You could easily tape 5-7 houses/videos a day. Other work includes Realtor Profiles, and Broker offices. Soon we'll be taping apartment complexes and small businesses. You will stay busy. Also, you can leave your weekends open for weddings. You can work as much as you want to. And, you receive immediate payment via PayPal.

As a photographer, I'm aware that we are used to receiving more pay on a shoot...but, I know with 5-7 homes/videos per day...I made quite a bit of money. I use Nnovia to digitize my video and don't have any upload time. This cuts my editing time down to about 20 minutes. www.Nnovia.com (If you want this product, don't buy online. I can get it wholesale for you.)

If you have any other questions, please let me know. I expect to have a total rollout in December. Until then, we'll be creating the 90,000 websites (that's how many Realtors we'll be working for...)and securing photographers from around the world. I'll be sending letters of noncompete soon. If you're not interested don't send it back and I'll count you out....but, I hope you join us and change the way real estate is sold.

Thanks again,

Skye Donaldson
Old October 4th, 2004, 10:07 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I tried to register but there website crashes after I hit the submit button.
Old October 4th, 2004, 10:12 AM   #3
Regular Crew

?

What happened when it crashed?

I will research it for you.....

doug
Old October 4th, 2004, 11:09 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Doug, how are you involved in this?
Old October 4th, 2004, 11:41 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Me....

I signed up with Skye just like everyone else will. The concept seemed cool to me and I told her I would spread the word on all the different videographer forums I visit.

I dont get anything for referring people, nor do I want anything. I just wanted to help out. I figure the more people that sign up, the quicker we can all start making money.

Let me know if you have any other questions. If I dont know the answer, I will find them for you.

Doug
doug@wolfhillproductions.com
Old October 4th, 2004, 03:25 PM   #6
Regular Crew

It does seem very interesting venture and a promising market, but it just seems a bit iffy. Not that you're really disclosing a lot of information on the website, just address and phone number info, it's still a bit of a flag for me.

One hesitation is your low post count. Granted I don't have very many either (18 with this one I believe) but combined with the fact that you've recently registered (Oct) as well. Just makes me a bit cautious, that's all.

Now let me just say that I don't think YOU're spamming or trolling the board and please don't take this as a personal attack. It's not meant to be. It's a broken world out there and caution is always advisable.

Other is that the site was created on 12-Sep-04, and was made by a company called Domains by Proxy which is designed to protect the registers identity from anyone who has the knowledge to get that info. Again, not an attack as there are obviously very ligitimate reason to do such a thing, it just raises another red flag for me.

On the other hand there is a person by that name living in Indiana and I do have her number so I may just give her a ring to see what the deal is.

Like I said, it'd be a great market and one I'd enjoy getting into so if it was, it'd be sweet to do it.
Old October 4th, 2004, 04:25 PM   #7
Regular Crew

I agree Jacob

I get sick everyday when my "in" basket is full of spam, so I understand your concern.

I signed up on this forum this past weekend just because I just found it. I have been posting on the VU forum for a while now and was looking to expand my horizons.

If you have her number I suggest calling Skye up. You will get all the info you need.

As for me I am just a videographer from VA. The only interest in the company I have is to see it succeed so we can all in turn do the same. When all is said and done I will get paid the same amount you do if you sign up.

As with everything, if you do not ge "the-warm-and-fuzzies" about it just ignore it.
I just want to spread the word, nothing more.

Doug
Old October 4th, 2004, 05:08 PM   #8
Regular Crew

I appreciate that 110%. Glad to see you're looking to help out your fellow video people.

I'd really like to see some business information, which I did end up finding out with a bit of research. The internet truely is a powerful too.

Ain't gettin the warm fuzzies as you put it, but pieces to the puzzle are falling into place and I think I will call just for info, if nothing else. Thanks again.
Old October 5th, 2004, 06:41 AM   #9
Regular Crew

I am also very sceptical.I also saw the proxy owned website. I did sign up though and spoke with Skye yesterday. I don't know much about her business plan and what chances it has to succeed but I do think that she is genuine. She definitely has been involved in video making for a while and seems to know what she is talking about. I dont see that there is much to lose here other than disclosing your name and address to her. If you get a job and she does not pay then chalk it up to experience and move on, but I don't think that will happen. I'm waitng to hear more from her.
Thanks
Old October 5th, 2004, 07:12 AM   #10
Wrangler

yourgoldenopportunity?

Yeah, well I personally wouldn't touch this. Maybe it is legit but it has all the earmarks of a "get rich quick" scheme if not an outright scam. I'd wait until December and look at a couple of the "90,000 websites" or talk to a few of the "6,000 photographers."
Old October 5th, 2004, 07:14 AM   #11
Warden

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but I would like to point out some past experiences with companies wanting real estate videos produced. I used to own a large video production company in Cincinnati. Historically, the Cincinnati, Dayton, Columbus and Indianapolis areas have been a hotbed for fraudulent companies commissioning real estate videos. I lost around $20,000 participating in similar ventures in the mid '90's.

In no way, am I construing , that Skye Donaldson, or her company are involved in any illegal business activities or practices. Nor do I have any knowledge of an attempt by any person or organization to commit fraud. I just wanted to point out some of my experiences in the past, in a specific geographical region, with certain types of businesses.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old October 5th, 2004, 07:36 AM   #12
Regular Crew

I understand !!

In the world we live in today, one cannot help but be skeptical!! Especially when you lose a load of money like Jeff did.

I like this forum and since I just found it, I will not post anymore on this subject. If you have any questions regarding this or as time goes on you want to know my progress just send me an email and I will answer it for you.

Dont get me wrong, I dont hold it against anyone for being leary about it. Its hard not to now-a-days.

Doug
doug@wolfhillproductions.com
Old October 5th, 2004, 09:07 AM   #13
Slash Rules!

I'd be interested in something like this, if it's not BS. This seems like the typical thing my dumb ass would go for, getting all excited and then realizing I'm being screwed. I'm certainly not gonna test the waters without some kind of assurance. . .so if anyone tries this or knows anyone who's tried this and it's legit, I'd like to know.
Old October 5th, 2004, 09:32 AM   #14
Regular Crew

Josh, by then it will be too late. ;->

I signed up but now I'm wondering if that was a good idea. I gave up my spam email account so no harm there. It is unusual that Skye Donaldson created separate website and not used the company's web address.

Doug, I still don't understand your involvement, did you create the website? If you just signed up like everyone else, how would you know more than anyone else.
Your interest seems to be more than just wanting to see someone succeed.
Old October 5th, 2004, 09:53 AM   #15
Regular Crew

Cliff....

I know I said I wasnt going to post anymore on this but I will this one last time to respond to Cliff.

Two weeks ago I got an unsolicited email from Skye explaining what she wanted to do and gave me the link to sign up like everybody else has seen. I signed up, she sent me a return email and we have been talking back and forth on the phone about it since.

Simply put, I liked what she had to offer and I told her I would post her info on some videographer forums I visit. I repeat, I GET NOTHING FOR DOING THIS, I ONLY WANTED TO HELP SPREAD THE WORD!!!!

When all is said and done, I will get paid in the same manner and SAME RATE as everyone else . Nothing more, nothing less!!

I know you all dont know me here but I like to help people out and that is what Im trying to do. It is just my personality. Ask SKYE, she will verify what Im saying.

It seems I am repeating myself too much here. If you dont believe me, fine! If you like what Skye is offering sign up. If you are skeptical then dont. Its that simple.

If you have anymore questions ask me by email or you can contact Skye on the website.

Doug
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands