Videographers needed all over the U.S. - Page 7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old April 22nd, 2005, 04:43 PM   #91
Regular Crew

Here we go again.....

www.atlanta.craigslist.org/tfr/69699671.html

"GoLookInside.com is in need of experienced independent videographers with their own equipment. GoLookInside.com is the world's largest streaming video production company. We employ 2,500 videographers around the world.

Our business model is simple. For $199 we send a professional videographer to our client's location for 45 minutes. We tape the client on-camera in a "Web Commercial" then edit, add titles and music, and host the video on our servers for one year.

If the client doesn't have a web site, we offer a customizable, interactive Site for $50. No design or monthly maintenance fees. It includes email, language translation and domain name.

So, for $249 our client's can buy a custom video and custom web site.

Here's the breakdown. Of the $199, we pay the videographer $100 plus all 'a la carte' fees. An 'a la carte' fee includes, overtime - $25 per 15 minutes after the initial 45 minutes. $25 for a DVD. Clients are limited to nine tripod setups at a house and seven in a retail facility. We pay you every Friday. Clients pay 'a la carte' at the time of the shoot.

How it works: Clients log onto our Web Site, enter the location address, and zip code. Now we know which videographers are available. The clients' view Personal Profiles of the videographers and they choose who they’d like to work with. We call the videographer and he/she sets the appointment… based on their schedule. (This gives you flexibility in scheduling) After you tape, you have a 48-hour turnaround. We require you to shoot, perform BASIC editing. It'll look something like a full screen graphic of their logo, page turn, client on-camera in a wide shot standup, approx. 11 - 15 total shots with half-second dissolves, full screen graphic again and our animation. Total time: 60-90 seconds. You will FTP the finished product in an MPEG 2 format.

We know scripts are important and many times, clients aren’t prepared when you arrive. So, we’ve hired hundreds of writers who’ll proof the client’s work, rewrite it to a 60-90 second video, then send the completed script back to the client and to you. This allows you to stay on time and shoot more videos! The service is free to the client, so we expect they’ll take advantage of it.

You must own a 3CCD camera, light on a stand, wireless mic,tripod and be able to edit. All of this equipment is MANDATORY. We don’t allow hardwire mics instead of wireless, we don’t allow camera-mounted lights and yes,… we CAN tell the difference! We’re talking $300 to $700 per day, everyday around September and a slightly more limited basis before then…so, we expect you to be a professional and have the required gear. Also, we do perform criminal background checks. And, you must guarantee your work.

Who are our client's? Anyone and everyone who wants to hire a professional videographer. This can include: Realtors, restaurants, hotels, dog groomers, spas, bands, churches, and boutiques...everything... Look at your phone book...those are our clients!

For our $99, we find the work and send it to you. Manage all payments and accounting, marketing, advertising, memberships to organizations, trade shows, servers, payroll, merchant service fees, licensed music, professional services like lawyers, CPAs, encoding equipment, overhead, etc.

We give you a personal page which you can upload your BIO, photo, link your web site to ours, and stream your video samples. If you don't have a web site, we can provide you with one at no charge.

When you can begin: Most likely in May. We feel you will have limited number of jobs to start with (depends on your personal page...you’ll want to get it built ASAP) if you're talented and clients like you, you can shoot 2-7 jobs per day by end of August or September (possibly before). This is not a job for beginners! And, yes…if you can shoot and are professional – You WILL get work.

Go to www.GoLookInside.com to apply. Click on the videographer on the home page and fill out the videographer questionnaire. You will then receive an email giving you access to the videographer’s information section. You will be asked for personal information. So, please check us out…We are listed on Dun and Bradstreet, the financial who’s who in the US. We also employ ADP payroll company to pay you weekly…believe me, they did a pretty thorough check of our company since we’re talking about serious money! And, our attorney, Ron Elberger is one of the best. http://boselaw.com/AtyTemplate.asp?ID=19 His client’s include David Letterman, Emmis Broadcasting and Michael Jackson.

Here’s what we will ask for…and we need it immediately since we begin work May 2nd.

We NEVER sell any information. We are privately held, with no partners or investors... so, no one sees your information. Clients only see what you post on your Personal Page. Please visit our web site at www.GoLookInside.com and read the FAQ and "Order Now" page for more information.

Sorry, we're receiving an amazing amount of info right now, so if you ABSOLUTELY have a question and need to talk with me you can email me at
Skye@GoLookInside.com Please DON'T SEND ME YOUR RESUME AND DEMO REEL, I won't open it. We'll see it on your personal info page.

Web Site - www.GoLookInside.com My phone (but only if absolutely necessary please!) Skye 317-581-1766 We are getting ready for the wave of business we are about to receive. That's why this is so detailed. Please read our FAQ and Order Now forms to see what we tell our clients.
*Yes, are working now, but with limited numbers of clients...we are in the process of signing deals with HUGE companies
*Yes...We need videographers EVERYWHERE.
*Yes, I CAN get you work if you are good with a camera!
www.GoLookInside.com Look here before you call me!
Thanks for your time!"
Old April 22nd, 2005, 05:28 PM   #92
Slash Rules!

well, that sounds somewhat better than before. However, we all know everything takes longer than it should, and I estimate they'll be paying out the ass with the overtime. 45 minutes? Whatever! I'll wait it out. All you rich people get back to me, then I'll sign up.
Old April 22nd, 2005, 10:34 PM   #93
Obstreperous Rex

You know, I'm really starting to feel that we should keep this "Helping Hands" forum limited to DV Info Net members seeking other members.

I've just about had it with this thread; don't expect it to last much longer. The only question is where to put it... "Taking Care of Business" will be the most likely forum for its ultimate destination.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Old April 22nd, 2005, 10:39 PM   #94
Slash Rules!

I'm with ya, but can't we keep it around for the fun factor?
Old April 22nd, 2005, 10:47 PM   #95
Wrangler

I think Bruce summed it up pretty well last February:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce S. Yarock
It's hard to believe that this thread about these con artists and their shill, is still alive!
Old April 24th, 2005, 09:43 AM   #96
Major Player

Will someone please transfer this thread to the gun and ammo forum, where it can be shot properly once and for all time?
Old April 24th, 2005, 10:01 AM   #97
Capt. Quirk

How about area 51 for this thread? Sounds right to me.
Old April 24th, 2005, 10:15 AM   #98
Regular Crew

Yep. It's kind of......well......beaten to death. I posted that recent update just to provide the latest activity. Some of those claims just seem unrealistic and with all of the related posts and experiences with this organization, it seems like it needs to be monitored.
Old April 24th, 2005, 10:31 AM   #99
Capt. Quirk

Besides, if you bury this thread, you just know someone new will join in a month, and say "I just found these people looking to hire videographers everywhere! Are they for real???"

Then it starts all over again...
Old April 26th, 2005, 10:25 PM   #100
Regular Crew

it wasnt only atlanta

James:

Their solicitation apparantly went out on all the craigslist.org boards it hit the Santa Barbara, CA board also, its funny how the job also started in May here in SB....thank god Ive already sent my info to the bank in Nigeria that is representing my deceased relative who apparantly worked in the oil industry and no longer need to work.

M
Old May 4th, 2005, 07:25 PM   #101
Tourist

Wow

First off, I would like to say that I am not here to promote my company.

I know many of you want this topic to die, but I do want to enter some thoughts from us before it does. I apologize to those who are tired of this.

I represent the company under fire in this topic. I am Very impressed at the thorough investigation by the users of this forum. I regret not seeing this topic earlier, as I would have loved to discuss this with everyone. (I just found this on Google)

You guys were correct, Skye's husband does work for Fox and they have a lovely home in Indiana. The address and phone number you posted on the form was correct, and is posted on our website.

I have a great deal of respect for you guys and I completely understand the posts on this forum. We have received a great response as a whole from your community, and we will never and have never scammed anyone. We put our real address for everyone to see and as you know Skye's husband is a public figure. We welcome your calls and concerns, and we can provide you with references from some big companies.

We do not take any money from our videographers, we only pay them. We use ADP to pay our videographers and we will provide you with a contact there if you want to verify this. Every videographer who has done work with us has received payment, and we have paid videographers who we sent out who did bad work, we just didn't use them again or fixed the problem.

We did hit some roadblocks in our launch, which required us to push back our release for a few months. We have pushed through that barrier and have recently reworked our entire backend systems.

As far as the price, we understand this may be too low for some people. We do not intend for a videographer who works full time and would have to give up work to shoot for us. We are targetting videographers who have the great equipment, but are doing weekend work or events that may not take up the full week. We have a great zip code tracking system, so you can choose to only do shoots within 10 miles of your location. This means, you can
get to and from a shoot pretty quick, spend 1 hour on location and get home. We require very little editing and we have you FTP the video to us.

The non-compete contract is not as restrictive as some of the posts here said. The first part of the non-compete only deals with clients We send you. We simply want the clients we send you to have their repeat business done through us for similar work. If a client we send you wants a video outside the realm of a $199 video, you are free to do whatever you want with them. Any client you get on your own, even if it is a video like what we do, will remain yours and we Never want to restrict your business. The second part deals with companies like GoLookInside.com, National video production And streaming companies out there. At this point in time, I am not away of a single company out there like ours. So this part of the non-compete currently doesn't come into play. By saying a company like ours, I mean a company that has a set price and contracts videographers
to do shoots Nationwide and the company also does the streaming/marketing/encoding etc. We really try
to be fair here and really just want business we get to stay with us, thats all.

Like I said, I am not here to promote the company. I understand I will probably get "flamed" but Skye and I really do have good intentions. We are currently working with a Fortune 100 company in 3 states and plan to release nationwide with them in the near future. We do have videos on Realtor.com
and we are doing a decent amount of business at this time. We are not at the point we initially intended to be at this time, but we are growing pretty quick now. Contracts and partnerships took longer than we hoped,
but we are pleased with the response from businesses and we believe we are still on our way to becoming a big force in this industry.

Each videographer who signs up is given a profile page that is viewed by potential customers. These pages are controlled by a real-time backend that you can change 24/7. Our demo profile is at
http://www.golookinside.com/videogra...?g=1261&h=1012

I do not want to anger the forum admins more with this post getting any bigger, so you are welcome to email me at reggie@golookinside.com and I would love to chat with you about any concerns.

We do not take any money from you and we do not need much info from you to get started. ADP requires certain information that some people may not want to give us, so we offer to pay you via personal checks from us for the first few jobs to earn your trust. However, to get started we do ask to complete the personal profile and show us demo work so we can see that you do good work. Obviously, for $199 we don't ask too much from our videographers. 1 Light kit, tripod , mic and a small amount of editing (music and intro-text). We also do bulk shoots, where a company like a broker, may schedule 5-6 personal profile videos to be shot in a day and you can walk away with a decent amount of money.

I am not trying to say you will become rich quick and have business the moment you sign up.. We are sorry if we have given some people the impression we are a get-rich-quick kind of company. We can give videographers some extra work during the week at their conveinance with reasonable expectations. In the future, I do envision videographers shooting full-time for us, especially if they do good work. We are doing the best we can to get business and we are releasing a load of press/marketing campaigns in the near future. We have a great source of funding and
do not intend to die off like some of the other companies out there.

I appreciate any and all thoughts on this, and again I do not wish to upset anyone over this. You may reach me at reggie@golookinside.com

Thanks,
Reggie Renner
President
GoLookInside.com
Old July 25th, 2005, 07:18 PM   #102
Major Player

Michel,
You sent what to where?. I am not spoiling the name of the country but please please please never send any Bank Information to anyone you don't know in Nigeria.

There are emails flying over the place someone claiming money here and there. They are all scams.
Old July 25th, 2005, 07:23 PM   #103
Regular Crew

Relax Eniola, he's just kidding. He said that to downplay the original subject. If you want to learn more about the Nigerian scams and laugh very hard, just visit this site.

www.419eater.com
Old July 25th, 2005, 08:14 PM   #104
Regular Crew

Another archive of letter exchanges

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Emory
If you want to learn more about the Nigerian scams and laugh very hard, just visit this site.

www.419eater.com
http://www.quatloos.com/brad-c/directory02.htm

is a good one too.
Old July 25th, 2005, 09:22 PM   #105
Major Player

Whew!. I would have cried for he/she men!.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands